Quit Claim Deed > North Dakota

North Dakota Quit Claim Deed

A transfer of real estate is called a grant or conveyance and can be conducted in writing with various legal documents in North Dakota. A quit claim deed is one such legal document that can be used in a transfer of real property. It is the duty of the seller of real property in North Dakota to give covenants to the grantee; however, a quit claim deed does not include covenants of title (47-10-03). A quit claim deed in North Dakota will transfer all the actual title to the real property that the grantor has. Use of the word "grant" in a conveyance implies certain covenants on the part of the grantor in North Dakota (47-10-19). For this reason, in the language of the conveyance, "grant" should be replaced with "quit claim."
Official North Dakota Quit Claim Deed Forms
Official Quit Claim Deed Form