Home > Forum > Maryland > Baltimore > Topic Detail  
Posted By: John on 12/20/2016
Transfer of property inherited from parent
The will has been executed and closed. Now I need to transfer the deed for the house and property to my name. What are the steps I need to complete?

1. Posted By: Bob Flynn On: 12/20/2016
You will need a deed from the PR of the estate to you. There should be a modest charge for preparing and recording the deed, but it should be exempt from recordation and transfer taxes. Our firm has Michael Dypski who does this work. His email is Let us know if we can help.