Home > Forum > Florida > Palm Beach > Topic Detail  
Posted By: Jim Etheridge on 12/26/2016
Quick Claim
My deceased father and stepmother own a condo in palm beach county. My stepmother wishes to give my wife and I the property. What would be the process to make this work since my father who is on the deed with my stepmother is deceased?

1. Posted By: Jefferson On: 12/27/2016
Hi Jim, first question you are going to have to get the answer to is: what was supposed to happen to your father's interest in the property when he passed? This can be answered by finding out how your father and stepmother vested the property. This needs to be determined before you can move forward. His interest could have transferred to your stepmother, it could transfer to his heirs, he could have left it to someone else in a will.