Home > Forum > Mississippi > Hancock > Topic Detail  
Posted By: Massey on 1/5/2017
Transfer of title
My Father's estate has finished succession. The lawyer mentioned three lots deeded to my siblings
in the judgement of possession but he insists that transferring title to them is not his job.
Can they take the Judgement of Possession with photo Id to Hancock county Assessors office to make this transfer to their names?
Will they have to hire another lawyer to complete the title transfer?

1. Posted By: Amy Barnes On: 1/6/2017
Hiring an attorney is not required but highly recommended. The judgement along with a deed from the estate will likely need to be recorded.