You are NOT on the Richmond County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Richmond County Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining records related to real property situated in the county.
A general recording fee of $10 applies to all document types.
A surcharge of $20 applies to all document types.
A $2 per-page fee applies to each page of a document, including the cover page.
Each additional block in a document is $2. Each additional lot in a document is $3.
Each additional mortgage satisfied in a document is $10.
The TP-584 filing fee is $5.
An RP-5217 form is $125 for residential transactions, and $250 for non-residential.
An affidavit of exemption from mortgage tax is $8.
* A conveyance must be signed and acknowledged by the grantor.
* An instrument must be in the English language, including the acknowledgment and certificate of authentication.
* Submit documents on 8.5 x 11 inch white paper, with the text of the instrument in black ink and a minimum font size of 10 point.
* The date of execution must be at the top of the instrument, along with a title.
* Names and addresses of grantors and grantees are required.
* Provide a legal description of the real property, including the city and town.
* A valid name and return address should appear on the document.
A Transfer Tax Affidavit (TP-584) must be filed for each conveyance of real property from a grantor/transferor to grantee/transferee. This form should be filed with the county clerk no later than the fifteenth day after the delivery of the instrument affecting the conveyance. This form can be obtained from the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance website.
The RP-5217 Real Property Transfer Report is a form used to document information associated with all real property transfers within New York State, except for New York City transfers. An original RP-5217 form must accompany all deeds and correction deeds upon filing. A filing fee will apply to this form. The RP-5217 cannot be submitted online. Original forms are available at the county recorder's office or can be ordered online. For online ordering information, visit the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance website.
The state transfer tax rate is $4 per $1,000 of consideration. For residential considerations more than $1,000,000 the transfer tax is $4 per $1,000 plus 1% of the entire consideration.
The transfer tax is payable to the Richmond County Clerk. For more information, visit the Richmond County Clerk website.