Washington County Correction Deed Form (Vermont)

All Washington County specific forms and documents listed below are included in your immediate download package:

Correction Deed Form

Washington County Correction Deed Form

Fill in the blank form formatted to comply with all recording and content requirements.
Included Washington County compliant document last validated/updated 6/20/2024

Correction Deed Guide

Washington County Correction Deed Guide

Line by line guide explaining every blank on the form.
Included Washington County compliant document last validated/updated 3/4/2024

Completed Example of the Correction Deed Document

Washington County Completed Example of the Correction Deed Document

Example of a properly completed form for reference.
Included Washington County compliant document last validated/updated 5/8/2024

When using these Correction Deed forms, the subject real estate must be physically located in Washington County. The executed documents should then be recorded in one of the following offices:

City of Barre: Clerk

6 North Main St, Ste 6 / PO Box 418, Barre, Vermont 05641

Hours: Mo-Fr 7:30 to 4:30

Phone: (802) 476-0242

Town of Barre: Clerk

149 Websterville Rd / PO Box 124, Websterville, Vermont 05678

Hours: Mo-Fr 8:00 to 4:30

Phone: (802) 479-9391/9392

Town Clerk of Berlin

108 Shed Rd, Berlin, Vermont 05602

Hours: Mo-Th 8:30 to 3:30

Phone: (802) 229-9298

Town Clerk of Cabot

3084 Main St / PO Box 36, Cabot, Vermont 05647

Hours: Mo-Th 9:00 to 5:00

Phone: (802) 563-2279

Town Clerk of Calais

3120 Pekin Brook Rd, East Calais, Vermont 05650

Hours: Mo-Th 8:00 to 4:00

Phone: (802) 456-8720

Town Clerk of Duxbury

5421 VT Rte 100, Duxbury, Vermont 05676

Hours: Tu-Fr 7:30 to 3:30

Phone: (802) 244-6660

Clerk of East Montpelier

40 Kelton Rd / PO Box 157, East Montpelier, Vermont 05651-0157

Hours: Mo-Th 9:00 to 5:00; Fr 9:00 to noon

Phone: (802) 223-3313 x201

Town Clerk of Fayston

866 North Fayston Rd, North Fayston, Vermont 05660

Hours: Mo-Th 9:00 to 3:30 & Fr 9:00 to 3:00

Phone: (802) 496-2454 x21

Town Clerk of Marshfield

122 School St, Rm 1, Marshfield, Vermont 05658

Hours: Tu-Fr 8:00 to 12:00 & 12:30 to 4:00

Phone: (802) 426-3305

Town Clerk of Middlesex

5 Church St, Middlesex, Vermont 05602

Hours: Mo-Th 8:30 to 4:30

Phone: (802) 223-5915

City of Montpelier: Clerk

39 Main St, Montpelier, Vermont 05602

Hours: Mo-Fr 8:00 to 4:30

Phone: (802) 223-9500

Town Clerk of Moretown

19 Kaiser Dr, Waterbury, Vermont 05676

Hours: Mo-Fr 7:00 to 2:45

Phone: (802) 882-8218

Town Clerk of Northfield

51 S Main St, Northfield, Vermont 05663

Hours: Mo-Fr 8:00 to 4:30

Phone: (802) 485-5421

Town of Plainfield

149 Main St / PO Box 217, Plainfield, Vermont 05667

Hours: Mo, We, Fr 7:30 to 12:00 & 12:30 to 4:00

Phone: (802) 454-8461

Town Clerk of Roxbury

1664 Roxbury Rd / PO Box 53, Roxbury, Vermont 05669

Hours: Tu-Fr 9:00 to 12:00 & 1:00 to 4:00

Phone: (802) 485-7840

Town Clerk of Waitsfield

9 Bridge St, Waitsfield, Vermont 05673

Hours: Mo-Fr 8:00 to 4:30

Phone: (802) 496-2218

Town Clerk of Warren

42 Cemetery Rd / PO Box 337, Warren, Vermont 05674

Hours: Mo-Fr 9:00 to 4:30

Phone: (802) 496-2709 x21

Town Clerk of Waterbury

43 S Main St / Mail: 51 S Main St, Waterbury, Vermont 05676

Hours: Mo-Fr 8:00 to 4:30

Phone: (802) 244-8447

Town Clerk of Woodbury

1672 Rte 14 / PO Box 10, Woodbury, Vermont 05681

Hours: Mo-Th 9:00 to 1:00 & Mo 6:00 to 8:00

Phone: (802) 456-7051

Town Clerk of Worcester

20 Worcester Village Rd / Mail: Drawer 161, Worcester, Vermont 05682

Hours: Mo 9:00 to 12:00; Tu-Th 9:00 to 3:00; We to 5:00

Phone: (802) 223-6942

Local jurisdictions located in Washington County include:

  • Adamant
  • Barre
  • Cabot
  • Calais
  • East Barre
  • East Calais
  • East Montpelier
  • Graniteville
  • Marshfield
  • Montpelier
  • Moretown
  • North Montpelier
  • Northfield
  • Northfield Falls
  • Plainfield
  • South Barre
  • Waitsfield
  • Warren
  • Waterbury
  • Waterbury Center
  • Websterville
  • Woodbury
  • Worcester

How long does it take to get my forms?

Forms are available immediately after submitting payment.

How do I get my forms, are they emailed?

Immediately after you submit payment, the Washington County forms you order will be available for download directly from your account. You can then download the forms to your computer. If you do not already have an account, one will be created for you as part of the order process, and your login details will be provided to you. If you encounter any issues accessing your forms, please reach out to our support team for assistance. Forms are NOT emailed to you.

What does "validated/updated" mean?

This indicates the most recent date when at least one of the following occurred:

  • Updated: The document was updated or changed to remain compliant.
  • Validated: The document was examined by an attorney or staff, or it was successfully recorded in Washington County using our eRecording service.
Are these forms guaranteed to be recordable in Washington County?

Yes. Our form blanks are guaranteed to meet or exceed all formatting requirements set forth by Washington County including margin requirements, content requirements, font and font size requirements.

Can the Correction Deed forms be re-used?

Yes. You can re-use the forms for your personal use. For example, if you have more than one property in Washington County that you need to transfer you would only need to order our forms once for all of your properties in Washington County.

What are supplemental forms?

Often when a deed is recorded, additional documents are required by Vermont or Washington County. These could be tax related, informational, or even as simple as a coversheet. Supplemental forms are provided for free with your order where available.

What type of files are the forms?

All of our Washington County Correction Deed forms are PDFs. You will need to have or get Adobe Reader to use our forms. Adobe Reader is free software that most computers already have installed.

Do I need any special software to use these forms?

You will need to have Adobe Reader installed on your computer to use our forms. Adobe Reader is free software that most computers already have installed.

Do I have to enter all of my property information online?

No. The blank forms are downloaded to your computer and you fill them out there, at your convenience.

Can I save the completed form, email it to someone?

Yes, you can save your deed form at any point with your information in it. The forms can also be emailed, blank or complete, as attachments.

Are there any recurring fees involved?

No. Nothing to cancel, no memberships, no recurring fees.

Use the corrective deed to correct an error in a previously recorded deed of conveyance, such as a warranty or quitclaim deed, in Vermont.

Correcting an error in a recorded deed helps prevent problems that might arise when the current owner tries to sell the property. The best method for correction is to prepare and record a new document, often called a corrective or correction deed. This document does not convey title; instead, it confirms the prior conveyance of the property.

Apart from supplying the correct information, the new deed must give the reason for the correction by identifying the error. It also must reference the prior deed by title, date, and recording number. The original grantor has to sign again, which confirms the property transfer to the grantee. Generally, corrective deeds are used to address minor errors in a deed, such as typos, accidentally omitted suffixes or middle initials of names, and other minor omissions. When correcting the legal description, both grantor and grantee should sign the corrective instrument to avoid doubt regarding any portions of the conveyed property.

For certain changes, however, a correction deed cannot be used. According to Vermont Title Standard 4.1, a grantor, "who has conveyed by an effective and unambiguous deed," cannot use a corrective deed in order to "make a substantial change in the name of the grantee, decrease the size of the premises or the extent of the estate granted, impose a condition or limitation on the interest granted, or otherwise diminish the grant of the prior deed." Material changes of that nature require that the grantee convey back to the grantor before a correction can be applied. When in doubt about the gravity of an error and whether a corrective deed is the appropriate vehicle to address it, consult with a lawyer.

(Vermont CD Package includes form, guidelines, and completed example)

Our Promise

The documents you receive here will meet, or exceed, the Washington County recording requirements for formatting. If there's an issue caused by our formatting, we'll make it right and refund your payment.

Save Time and Money

Get your Washington County Correction Deed form done right the first time with Deeds.com Uniform Conveyancing Blanks. At Deeds.com, we understand that your time and money are valuable resources, and we don't want you to face a penalty fee or rejection imposed by a county recorder for submitting nonstandard documents. We constantly review and update our forms to meet rapidly changing state and county recording requirements for roughly 3,500 counties and local jurisdictions.

4.8 out of 5 - ( 4350 Reviews )

Thomas R.

June 21st, 2024

First time user. Was pleased with the easy of use and the step-by-step directions provided by the website.

Reply from Staff

We are motivated by your feedback to continue delivering excellence. Thank you!

Kim B.

June 21st, 2024

The package was extremely helpful and provided everything I needed to complete this for my mom- I highly recommend their service!

Reply from Staff

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

James A.

June 18th, 2024

Very easy to navigate and start your process.

Reply from Staff

Thank you for your positive words! We’re thrilled to hear about your experience.


June 17th, 2021


Reply from Staff

Thank you!

Wayne R.

February 22nd, 2021

Couldn't believe how simple it was to do such a very important family support task and the price was right! Thank you

Reply from Staff

We appreciate your business and value your feedback. Thank you. Have a wonderful day!

Camesha Y.

January 10th, 2019

Was working with a notary client that need to do a deed. We got on this site, ordered the blank forms, he filled them out and we printed them so he could sign. Really clean forms, easy to understand and complete in a hurry. I will be letting all my clients know about this site.

Reply from Staff

That's terrific Camesha, glad to hear. Have a great day!

Christina H.

December 29th, 2022

I appreciate having forms available and not having to go to a business supply or attorney. This is great. However, there are two individual quit claim deed forms and I don't know which one is appropriate.

Reply from Staff

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Have a great day!

sheila B.

August 19th, 2021


Reply from Staff

Thank you!

Peggy H.

December 9th, 2022

Very good!

Reply from Staff

Thank you!

Ralph H.

May 8th, 2019

Your documents resolved my problem. Thanks.

Reply from Staff

Thank you Ralph, we appreciate your feedback.

Lucinda L.

December 29th, 2021

mostly good; however, you need to update the annual exclusion gift amount from $14,000 to $15,000 (where it has ben for several years), and you need to make your Gift Deed final paragraph be gender neutral like "they" or "he or she" rather than just"he". We women lawyers and our women clients appreciate that.

Reply from Staff

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Have a great day!

Cynthia N.

February 25th, 2021

great service, quick and easy!

Reply from Staff

Thank you!

Evelyn A.

October 30th, 2021

Was easy to use. Just didnt find what i needed

Reply from Staff

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Have a great day!

Jeff C.

May 28th, 2020

Had the paperwork that I needed. Was a quick and easy transaction.

Reply from Staff

We appreciate your business and value your feedback. Thank you. Have a wonderful day!

Michael S.

December 22nd, 2020

I was very impressed. I needed a Grant Deed that would comply with Calif. law. I haven't tried to record it yet, but I think it's spot-on. References to statutes very helpful. I'm a retired Idaho attorney, and my first attempt was politely rejected by the recorder. (documentary transfer fee exemption, etc.)

Reply from Staff

Thank you!