You are NOT on the Butler County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Probate Office is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Butler County.
$4.00 for the first page
$3.00 for each additional page
There is no charge for first two (2) names of grantors and for the first two (2) names of grantees. After that, it is $1.00 per additional name.
The deed transfer tax is $.50 per $500.
The mortgage transfer tax is $.15 per $100.
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local probate office directly.
* Real property documents can be submitted to the Office of the Probate Judge to be recorded.
* Originals and certified copies are accepted for recording.
* All instruments of conveyance need to be in writing, attested by two witnesses, and signed by the contracting party or his agent. If he is unable to sign his name, it may be written for him with the words 'his mark' next to his name.
* The document needs to include a preparer's statement. This can be given in the following format: 'This document prepared by NAME and ADDRESS.'
* Any instrument attempting to transfer any interest in land will not be recorded if the instrument describes the land by reference to a plat but does not have the plat attached to the instrument or if the instrument does not describe the plat book or office in which it is located. There must also be a legal description of the land by metes and bounds.
* Documents must list the marital status of the grantor.
The Real Estate Sales Validation Form must be filed in accordance with Code of Alabama 1975, Section 40-22-1.