You are NOT on the Orleans Parish official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Land Records Division of the Clerk of Court is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Orleans Parish.
1-5 pages $100.00
6-25 pages $200.00
26-50 pages $300.00
Over 50 pages $300.00 for the first 50 pages, plus $5.00 for each additional page
Services included in the costs above include:
1. ONE CERTIFIED COPY OF THE RECORDED DOCUMENT
2. INDEXING OF ALL NAMES UP TO TEN NAMES.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENT RECORDING FEES
NAMES INDEXED BEYOND THE FIRST 10 NAMES WILL BE CHARGED AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF $5.00 PER NAME. Documents on any size paper other than 8.5" x 11" or 8.5" x 14" will be charged an additional $20.00 for each non-compliant page.
Additional Index Name Fee $5.00 per name after the first 10 names)
Additional Square Fee $13.00 per square (after first square)
Additional Address Fee $13.00 per address after first address)
Additional Lot Fee $5.00 per lot (after second lot)
Failure to Comply with Margin Requirements $20.00 (per document)
Any Size Paper Other Than 8.5" x 11" or
8.5" x 14" $20.00 per page Judgments, tax liens, Department of Social Services liens, & liens that have the effect of judgments recorded without the last 4 digits of debtor's SSN or the IRS taxpayer identification number of the debtor in the case of a debtor doing business other than as an individual will include an additional fee per debtor in accordance with CCP art. 1922. $25.00 per debtor
Pursuant to La. R.S. 13:844, the fee for a certificate of real estate mortgage and lien certificate with seal, for each name in which search is made, and for one definable property only,twenty dollars ($20.00) for the first name and ten dollars ($10.00) for each additional name.
THERE SHALL BE AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF ONE DOLLAR ($1.00) PER EXCEPTION IN THE EVENT THAT MORE THAN TEN EXCEPTIONS ARE CONTAINED ON A CERTIFICATE.
Mortgage Certificate (Regular), base fee $20.00, additional name $10.00, Includes 1 square and 2 lots
Mortgage Certificate (Re-Subdivision), base fee $20.00, additional name $10.00 Includes 1 square and 2 lots
Mortgage Certificate (General), base fee $20.00, additional name $10.00
Mortgage Certificate (Renewal), base fee $20.00, additional name $10.00
Mortgage Certificate -- Date & Sign $0.00 N/A
Mortgage Certificate (Lien & Privilege), base fee $20.00, additional name $10.00, $7.00 Fee for each additional acceptance MIN on the certificate request
Mortgage Certificate (Added Name), base fee $20.00, additional name $10.00
Certificate Exceptions in Excess of 10, base fee $1.00, additional name N/A, $1.00 per exception
Conveyance Certificate (Regular), base fee $35.00, additional name $30.00, Includes 1 square and 2 lots
Conveyance Certificate (Property Bond), base fee $35.00, additional name $30.00, Includes 1 square and 2 lots
Conveyance Certificate (Sheriff), base fee $35.00, additional name $30.00, Includes 1 square and 2 lots
Conveyance Certificate (Renewal), base fee $35.00, additional name $30.00, Includes 1 square and 2 lots
Conveyance Certificate (Added Name), base fee $30.00, additional name $30.00
Conveyance Certificate (Date & Sign) $0.00 N/A
COPY $1.00 per page
CERTIFIED COPY $10.00, note: $10.00 certification fee in addition to the applicable per page copy fee -- one certified included in recording
FILE-STAMPED CONFORMED COPY $5.00, note: $5.00 plus any applicable per page copy fees. (Only available at the time of recording.)
NOTE: If the instrument must be recorded in both conveyance and mortgage record, then the recording fee will be twice the amount less $5.00 LCRAA fee)
Non-standard documents: $10.00 in addition to recording fees for documents that are not in compliance with the recording standards (La.R.S. 13:844(D)).
Recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local office directly.
* Documents should be submitted on 8.5 x 14 inch white paper. The font should be black and no smaller than 8 point.
* Original copies only are accepted. These are not returned to the submitter.
* In order to avoid the non-compliance fee, use a margin of two inches at the top of the first page and one inch at the bottom and sides, and identify the document by title right below the top margin (La.R.S.13:844(D)).
* Any party to an act conveying real property located in Louisiana outside the city limits of New Orleans may obtain a certificate showing whether the state, parish, municipal, and levee district taxes due thereon, except for the year in which the conveyance takes place, have been paid.
* The seller of residential real property shall complete a property disclosure document in a form prescribed by the Louisiana Real Estate Commission or a form that contains at least the minimum required by that commission.
* Documents must include a legal property description and must state the total consideration paid for the property.
The transfer of real property in Louisiana follows the general requirement of an authentic act. An authentic act is a writing executed before a notary public or other officer authorized to perform that function, in the presence of two witnesses, and signed by each party who executed it, by each witness, and by each notary public before whom it was executed.