You are NOT on the Niagara County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The County Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Niagara County.
Deed: $36 for a one-page document (includes cover page), $3 per additional page
TP 584 Transfer Tax Affidavit: $5
RP 5217 Equalization and Assessment
- agricultural or residential: $125.00
- all others: $250.00
Transfer tax rate: $4.00 per thousand (no tax under $500)
* If the document was acknowledged within the state of New York, an all-purpose acknowledgment must be completed, including the venue. For acknowledgments outside of the state of New York, refer to NYS Real Property Law, section 309-b.
* Instruments must be written in the English language.
* The notary must be valid and all signatures and completed documents must be legible.
* The date of execution must be shown on a deed presented for recording.
* Use black ink throughout the document so that it is legible and suitable for scanning and microfilming. Use white paper measuring at least 8.5 x 11 inches.
* All section, block, lot, and unit numbers are required on the first page of all submitted documents. Check the current tax bill for complete information. A complete legal description is required.
* Provide the names and addresses of all parties involved (grantors and grantees). No post office boxes are allowed. The signatures and acknowledgments should match the names in the document.
* Include a "record and return to" address.
* A document submitted for re-recording must state the reason for the re-recording. The original document must be attached.
* A new notary and acknowledgment is needed for re-recorded documents.
TRANSFER TAX AFFIDAVIT (TP-584)
A Transfer Tax Affidavit (TP-584) must be filed for each conveyance of real property from a grantor/transferor to grantee/transferee. This form should be filed with the county clerk no later than the fifteenth day after the delivery of the instrument affecting the conveyance. This form can be obtained from the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance website.
In Schedule C of the TP-584, the amount of consideration must be filled in (even if it is zero) and the transfer tax computed at $5 per $1,000.
The TP-584 must have at least one signature on the back.
If the form is signed by a Power of Attorney, a copy of the POA must be attached.
REAL PROPERTY TRANSFER REPORT 5217
The RP-5217 Real Property Transfer Report is used to document information associated with all real property transfers within New York State, except for New York City transfers. An original RP-5217 form must accompany all deeds and correction deeds upon filing. A filing fee will apply to this form. The RP-5217 cannot be submitted online. Original forms are available at the county recorder's office or can be ordered online. For online ordering information, visit the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance website.
The buyer's and seller's signatures, not an attorney's signature, are required, but if the property is taken by tax foreclosure, involuntary proceeding, or eminent domain, it can be filed with only one signature.
NONRESIDENT REAL PROPERTY ESTIMATED INCOME TAX PAYMENT FORM (IT-2663)
Submit a completed IT-2663 form with full payment of estimated tax due, if any, to the recording officer at the time a deed is presented for recording. Do not mail the form to the Tax Department.