You are NOT on the Autauga County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Recording Department of the Probate Office is responsible for recording and maintaining records related to real property in Autauga County. All documents presented for recording in the Recording Department must be originals or certified copies. In order to protect personal privacy and obey federal law, they ask that social security numbers not be included on documents to be recorded.
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local probate office directly.
To record a deed or mortgage, there is a $3 filing fee per instrument and a $3 fee per page.
For each additional grantor and grantee named after the first, there is a $1 indexing fee for each name. Husband and wife are counted as one, and thus this will not be treated as an additional grantor or grantee.
A special judge of probate fee of $5 will apply to applicable instruments.
The deed transfer tax is $.50 per $500 and is payable to the Probate Judge.
The mortgage transfer tax is $.15 per $100.
Documents are accepted on 8.5 x 11 inch paper or 8.5 x 14 inch paper.
* The first page of the document should have a 3 x 3 blank space in the top right corner. Other margins on the first page and on subsequent pages should be 1 inch.
* Blue or black ink should be used, with a font size of at least 10 point.
* Documents should include a 'Prepared by' Statement, which can be given in the following form: 'Instrument prepared by NAME and ADDRESS.'
* The marital status of grantors must be given on the deed.
* Two witnesses are required if a notary stamp or seal is not present.
* Printed names should be beneath signatures in the document.
* A legal description, including metes and bounds, and state, county, and municipality of property should be included. Previous recorded instrument information should also be included.
* For deeds or subordination agreements, the Fair Market Value must be listed.
* Documents must be originals or certified copies.
* Full social security numbers should not be listed on documents to be recorded.
* All conveyances must be in writing, signed, and acknowledged by the contracting party. If the contracting party is unable to sign his/her name, his name must be written for him with the words 'his mark' adjacent to it.
The Real Estate Sales Validation Form must be filed in accordance with Code of Alabama 1975, Section 40-22-1.