You are NOT on the Blount County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Probate Office is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Blount County.
$8.00 first page;
$3.00 each additional page
No charge for up to two (2) names;
$1.00 each for names three (3) and above.
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local probate office directly.
* The grantee(s) name and address must be typed, stamped, or written on the face of the instrument.
* Originals or certified copies are accepted for recording.
* For deeds and subordination agreements, the following are required: Fair Market Value, a legal description, and previous recorded information.
* All real property documents of conveyance must be in writing, attested by two witnesses, and signed by the contracting party or his agent. If he is unable to sign his name, it may be written for him with the words 'his mark' written adjacent to the name. If a notary stamp/seal is present, two witnesses are not required.
* The name and address of the person who prepared the document should be listed on the first page. This can be prefaced by the following statement: 'This instrument prepared by NAME and ADDRESS.'
* Any instrument attempting to transfer any interest in land will not be recorded if the instrument describes the land by reference to a plat but does not have the plat attached to the instrument or if the instrument does not describe the plat book or office in which it is located. There must also be a legal description of the land by metes and bounds.
* The marital status of the grantor must be listed on the deed.
* On the first page of the document in the upper right corner, a blank space of 3x3 inches should be provided. All other margins should be 1 inch.
* Documents should be submitted on 8.5x11 inch or 8.5x14 inch white paper. Printing or typing should be in blue or black ink, with a minimum font size of 10 point.
* Printed names are required beneath all signatures.
The Real Estate Sales Validation Form must be filed in accordance with Code of Alabama 1975, Section 40-22-1.