You are NOT on the Chambers County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Probate Office is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Chambers County.
For the most current fees and further information, always make sure to contact the local probate office directly. County recording fees are subject to change without notice.
$11.25 first page
$3.00 each additional page
No charge for first two (2) names
$1.00 each for names three (3) and above
Tax is $1.00/$1000 assessed value
* Documents must list the name and address of the grantee on the first page.
* Original copies or certified copies of originals are acceptable.
* All instruments of conveyance must be in writing, attested by two witnesses, and signed by the contracting party or his agent. If he is unable to sign his name, it may be written for him with the words 'his mark' written next to his name.
* The name and address of the preparer of the document should be listed in the following format: 'This instrument prepared by NAME and ADDRESS.'
* Any instrument attempting to transfer any interest in land will not be recorded if the instrument describes the land by reference to a plat but does not have the plat attached to the instrument or if the instrument does not describe the plat book or office in which it is located. There must also be a legal description of the land by metes and bounds.
* The marital status of the grantor on any deed or mortgage should be listed.
The Real Estate Sales Validation Form must be filed in accordance with Code of Alabama 1975, Section 40-22-1.