You are NOT on the Crenshaw County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Probate Office is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Crenshaw County.
$11.00 first page
$3.00 each additional page
$1.00 for each additional index item
Deed tax: $0.50 per $500.00
$1.00 per $1000.00
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local probate office directly.
* Conveyances must be in writing, attested by two witnesses, and signed by the contracting party or his agent. If the person is unable to sign his name, his name must be written for him with the words 'his mark' written next to it.
* Originals or certified copies must be submitted for recording.
* Any instrument attempting to transfer any interest in land will not be recorded if the instrument describes the land by reference to a plat but does not have the plat attached to the instrument or if the instrument does not describe the plat book or office in which it is located. There must also be a legal description of the land by metes and bounds.
* The marital status of the grantor must be provided in a deed or document of conveyance.
* All documents must include the name and address of the person who prepared the document. This can be given in the following format: 'This instrument prepared by NAME and ADDRESS.'
The Real Estate Sales Validation Form must be filed in accordance with Code of Alabama 1975, Section 40-22-1.