You are NOT on the Walker County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Probate Office is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Walker County.
$10 for the first page, $4 per additional page
Each grantor/mortgagor or grantee over two in a document is $1.
Any deed or mortgage that references a book and page is $1 per reference.
The deed tax is $1 per $1,000.
The mortgage tax is $.15 per $100
No tax collected stamp on a deed or mortgage is a $1 fee.
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local probate office directly.
* Documents should be on 8.5 x 11 inch white paper or 8.5 x 14 inch white paper.
* The first page should have a blank space in the upper right corner of at least 3x3 inches. This is to accommodate the recording stamp. All other margins on the first page and on subsequent pages should be at least 1 inch.
* Printing or typing should be in black or blue ink, with a minimum font size of 10 point. In order to be recorded, the document must be legible.
* A preparer's statement is needed, which can be given in the following form: "This instrument was prepared by NAME and ADDRESS."
* The marital status of all grantors must be listed on a document of conveyance. This information should be on the first page.
* Include a return to address on the first page so that the document can be returned.
* If a notary stamp or seal is not present, two witnesses are required.
* Printed or typed names are required beneath all signatures in the document.
* A legal description must accompany all instruments. The state, county, and municipality should be in the first paragraph. Any previous recorded information should also be referenced by book and page.
The Real Estate Sales Validation Form must be filed in accordance with Code of Alabama 1975, Section 40-22-1.