The Clerk of Superior Court is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Butts County.
You are NOT on the Butts County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
House Bill 288
Effective January 1, 2020
DEEDS AND FINANCING STATEMENTS
Cancellation of Security Deed $25.00
Assignment Deed $25.00
Other Recording on Deed $25.00
Cross Reference-NO FEE
GENERAL EXECUTION AND LIEN DOCKET
General Execution or Lien Recording $25.00
Cancellation or Release $25.00
Lis Pendens/Cancellation/Release $25.00
Hospital Lien/Cancellation/Release $25.00
Federal Tax Lien/Cancellation/Release $25.00
Cross-indexing to previous isntrument-NO FEE
State/Local Government Tax Lien $5.00
State/Local Government Lien $2.00
State/Local Government Cross Reference $2.00
State/Local Cancellation $7.00
Uniform Commercial Code (UCC's)
Financing Statement UCC-1 $25.00
Financing Statement with Assignment $50.00
Amendment or Assignment UCC-3 $25.00
Continuation UCC-3 $25.00
Termination/Release UCC3 $25.00
UCC Statements (UCC-1 or UCC-3) on Real Estate Records $25.00
Plats, Maps, Condominium Floor Plans $10.00
General, Limited, and Amendments(each) $214.00
TRADE NAME REGISTRATION
Veteran Discharge (DD214)-NO FEE
Uncertified Copies (No Assistance)$0.50
Uncertified Copies (With Assistance)$1.00
Clerk's Certificate or Seal $1.00
The transfer tax form must be prepared and filed with all deeds that transfer property. The correct map and parcel number must be provided on the PT-61 form. To prepare a PT-61 form, visit the Georgia Superior Court Clerks' Cooperative Authority website (www.gsccca.org/file).
Transfer tax is determined on the basis of the basis of the written disclosure of the consideration or value of the interest in property granted.
The Clerk of Superior Court shall not be required to refund excess sums tendered to the clerk as payment of costs or fees enumerated in this Code section (15-6-77) when such payment exceeds the amount required by this Code section by less than $15.00.
A deed may be recorded at any time; but a prior unrecorded deed loses its priority over a subsequent recorded deed from the same vendor when the purchaser takes such deed without notice of the existence of the prior deed.
* Submit documents on white 8.5 x 11 inch paper. To ensure legibility, use black ink in a font size of at least 10 point.
* Deeds must be signed by the grantor in front of a notary and one witness. Corresponding names should be typed or printed beneath signatures.
* On the first page, provide a top margin of at least 3 inches. All other margins on the first page and on subsequent pages should be at least 1 inch.
* At the top of the first page, provide the name and address of the person to whom the document will be returned after recording.
* Also on the first page, the name and address of the grantee needs to be given.
* A legal description of the real property should be provided. This should include the lot, block, and subdivision name.