You are NOT on the Kankakee County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The County Clerk and Recorder is responsible for maintaining property records in Kankakee County.
To record a deed or mortgage, the fee is $57.00
with up to 5 references.
To record a nonstandard deed or mortgage, the fee is $80.00
Document copied 8.5" x 11" - $.50 per page
Standard Documents $30.00
Non Standard Documents $48.00
For deeds that require transfer tax stamps, the rate is $1 per $1,000 for state taxes. The county rate is 50 cents per $1,000.
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. We recommend to contact the local recorder's office to verify this information.
Original real property documents to be recorded can be mailed in or taken to the Recorder of Deeds Office.
• A document must measure 8.5x11 inches. Paper should be standard white copy paper (20#). A document consists of one or more individual sheets, not permanently bound.
• The document should be printed in black ink, with a minimum of 10 point font.
• The first page should contain a blank space measuring 3x5 inches in the upper right corner. Other margins should be at least ½ an inch.
• The page shall not have any attachments stapled or otherwise affixed to any page.
• A document title should be on the upper left part of the page.
• Below the document title, provide the name and address of the tax payer. After that, provide a return address and name.
• A statement of exemption or transfer tax declaration should be on the deed.
• A complete legal description of the real property is needed. This should include a specific lot, block, and subdivision name; a specific quarter section, section, township, and range; a permanent index number of legal description; and a complete return address.
• A notary seal, date, and signature of notary is required for a real property document.
• At the end of the document, include the name and address of the person who prepared the document.
• If the transfer is a sale of property for more than $100, a PTAX 203 must accompany the document.