The register of deeds is responsible for recording and maintaining records related to real property in Iredell County.
You are NOT on the Iredell County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
Deeds and all other documents: $26.00 for the first 15 pages, $4.00 for each additional page
Deeds of Trust: $64.00 for up to 35 pages, and $4.00 for each additional page
Additional (multi-instrument): $10.00
Non-standard documents: $25.00 in addition to recording fees for documents that
are not in compliance with the recording standards.
Effective 10/01/15, an instrument that contains excessive recording data costs $2.00 for each party listed in the instrument in excess of 20.
In addition, excise tax must be included with the filing fee for a deed. Excise stamps are $1 on each $500 or fraction thereof of the consideration or value of the interest or property conveyed, exclusive of the value of any lien or encumbrance remaining on the property at the time of sale.
Fees for Oath of Notary: $10.00
Certified Documents (excludes vitals): $5.00 first page, $2.00 each additional page
* Documents should be on 8.5 x 11-inch white paper or 8.5 x 14-inch white paper.
* Black ink should be used with a font size no smaller than 9 point. Blanks in an instrument may be completed in pen and corrections may also be made in pen.
* The top of the first page should have a 3-inch margin. All other margins on the first page and all margins on subsequent pages should be at least a 1/2 inch.
* At the top of the first page, below the 3-inch margin, state the title of the instrument (i.e. warranty deed, quit claim deed, etc.)
* Text should be on one side of the page only.
* A person who presents an instrument for registration must report to the Register of Deeds the amount of tax due. It is the duty of the person presenting the instrument for registration to report the correct amount of tax due. Before the instrument may be recorded, the Register of Deeds must collect the tax due and mark the instrument to indicate that the tax has been paid and the amount of the tax paid.