You are NOT on the Oklahoma County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Registrar of Deeds Division of the County Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Oklahoma County.
To record a deed or mortgage, the fee is $8.00 for the first page, $2.00 for each additional page, and $5.00 Records Preservation Fee.
Photocopies of recorded documents are $1 per page. A certified copy is an additional $1 per page.
To record the first page of a non-conforming deed, the fee is $25. Each additional page of a nonconforming instrument is $10.
DOCUMENTARY TAX: A tax is imposed on any deed when the consideration or value of the interest or property conveyed, exclusive of the value of any lien or encumbrance thereon remaining at the time of the sale, exceeds $100. The tax is prorated at the rate of 75 cents per each $500 of the consideration.
The documentary stamps evidencing payment of the taxes must be affixed to the document before recording can take place. For a list of exempt documents, see information posted under supplemental forms.
The county clerk will record free of charge all certificates designating and describing lands situated in the respective counties owned by the Five Civilized Tribes and their heirs, which lands are shown by said certificates to be exempt from taxation. These will be recorded without charge, provided that when the certificate is presented for recording, it bears the approval of the Secretary of the Interior.
For questions regarding documentary taxes or recording fees, contact the County Clerk's office directly.
* All documents submitted for recording must be an original or a certified copy of an original.
* Documents should be submitted on paper no larger than 8.5x14 inches and no smaller than 8.5 x 11 inches.
* Documents should have a 1-inch top margin and inch side margins. On the first page, the top margin should be 3 inches to allow space for the return address on the left side and the recording stamp on the right side.
* When submitting a document, there should be an area free of printed information. This should be sufficient in size to accommodate the documentary stamps, certification of the payment of mortgage tax, and recording information affixed by the county clerk, but should not extend into the margins. Please note that space requirements may vary. If sufficient space is not provided, an additional page will be attached
* Documents pertaining to real property must include a legal description of the property.
* To meet indexing requirement, documents must contain the addition, block and lot, section, township and range, and metes and bounds if necessary for location of property.
* Documents must name a grantor, grantee, specific legal descriptions, return address, signatures, and acknowledgements.
* Witnesses are not necessary for the validity of a deed.
* The consideration paid for the property should be listed in the deed.
* Provide the mailing address of the grantee or other designated party to which the instrument is to be returned after recording.