You are NOT on the Clarion County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Recorder of Deeds is responsible for recording and maintaining records related to real property situated in Clarion County.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS $58.75
RIGHT OF WAYS
LEASES FOR A TERM OF 30 YRS. OR LONGER
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS $18.50
LEASES FOR A TERM OF LESS THAN 30 YRS
POWER OF ATTORNEYS
RELEASES OF EXECUTOR/ADMINISTRATOR
AFFIDAVIT AFFECTING TITLE
ASSIGNMENTS OF RENTS & LEASES
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS $60.75
ASSIGNMENTS OF MORTGAGES
RELEASES OF MORTGAGES
ASSIGNMENTS OF RIGHT OF WAYS (INCLUDING MARGINAL OR ELECTRONIC NOTATION)
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS $20.50
MODIFICATIONS, AMENDMENTS, SUBORDINATIONS OR POSTPONEMENTS OF MORTGAGES;
AFFIDAVIT OF NON-PRODUCTION, SURRENDERS, AMENDMENTS, RELEASES, MODIFICATIONS, OR
ASSIGNMENTS OF LEASES
EACH PAGE OVER 3 - $2.00
EACH PARCEL OVER 1 - $.50
EACH NAME OVER 4 - $.50
STATEMENT OF VALUE - $2.00
Documents returned by mail without a self-addressed stamped envelope are $1.50
Documents returned for corrections have a $5.00 returned document fee.
Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope so that all documents can be returned to the proper individual or office. Cash or checks are accepted for payment. Checks can be made payable to Gregory K. Mortimer, Recorder.
Contact the Clarion County Recorder at (814) 226-4000 Ext. 2500 if you have questions about recording fees or transfer taxes.
Document Formatting Requirements
* Use 8.5 x 11 inch white paper of 20# weight. Margins need to be clear of all markings and at least 1 inch. Font size should not be smaller than 10 point. For best results, use black ink. Double-sided printing is permissible so long as the text does not bleed through. If a page has printing on both sides, it will be counted as two pages.
* Illegible and/or altered documents will be returned as non-recordable.
* All documents must be originals and acknowledged. Acknowledgments must include: county, state, date, persons or corporate officers appearing, notary signature, notary seal, and notary expiration date. The acknowledgment date cannot predate the execution date.
* A foreign language document must include a written English translation that has been sworn or affirmed by the translator. The translation will be recorded along with the original.
* Names given throughout the document should be consistent. Original signatures in dark blue or black ink are required and should have corresponding names typed or printed beneath them.
* Land related documents must indicate the municipality, county, and state where the property is located. A legal description must also be provided. This should be on the first page.
* Deeds, mortgages, and assignments of mortgage must have a grantee or mortgage address placed on it (Certificate of Residence). The grantee's address should be certified with a signature and date. If the person who prepared the document is the same person who submitted the document, the name and address should still be entered twice. Do not use "same as above" or combine entries for "Return to" and Prepared by."
* The submitter's name, company, and address must be typed in the "Return to" section on the deed.
* Previous book and page numbers must appear on all documents that refer to an original recording.
* Relevant tax map numbers must appear on all land related documents.
* All deeds require a Uniform Parcel Identifier in order for recording to take place. This number should be placed in the upper left corner of the first page. The number is generally issued by the assessment office.
* Multiple recordings constituting one transaction need to be clearly numbered as to the proper order in which they are being placed on record.
* Re-recorded documents require new acknowledgments and an explanation as to why they are being recorded.
TRANSFER TAX AND STATEMENT OF VALUE
1% state and 1% local transfer tax must be paid on the selling price or fair market value of all non-exempt property deeds at the time of recording.
Documents presented with non-exempt property in more than one municipality and/or school district must clearly state the percentages (in whole numbers) as to the division of local transfer taxes.
All deeds exempt from realty transfer tax must be accompanied by a Statement of Value. In the case of a transfer between close family members, an exemption clause can be placed in the deed. The Statement of Value must be submitted in duplicate. The SOV is counted as additional pages when fees are assessed.