You are NOT on the Bledsoe County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Register of Deeds is responsible for recording and maintaining land records in Bledsoe County.
To record a deed, the fee is $5 per page, with a minimum charge of $10 for a document. A $2 computerization fee, plus a $1 fee for all taxable documents will apply.
Realty transfer tax rate: $3.70 per $1000 of value or consideration. This is collected on all conveyance documents, unless an exemption is claimed.
Contact the Bledsoe County Register of Deeds directly for more information on recording fees.
* Documents can be on 8.5 x 11 inch white paper or 8.5 x 14 inch white paper.
* The first page of the document shall have a top margin of 3 inches, a bottom margin of 3 inches, and 1 inch side margins. All other margins can be 1 inch.
* Deeds must contain a recital designating the deed, will, court decree, or other source from which the grantor received the equitable interest. If the source of equitable interest is a deed or other previously recorded instrument, the new document shall give the type of instrument, office, book, and page number. If no
such instrument has been recorded, this shall be stated on the deed.
* Include the name and address of the property owner, as well as the name and address of the person or entity responsible for the payment of real property taxes.
* The name and address of the preparer of the instrument should be on the first page.
* At the end of the legal description of the property, include the name, license number, and address of the surveyor who prepared the boundary survey from which the description was prepared.
* Include the tax assessor's parcel number of the property.
* Transfer taxes are due upon recording. Conveyances must state total value or consideration (whichever is greater).
* An Oath of Consideration must also be filled out. This form needs to be signed.