You are NOT on the El Paso County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The County Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in El Paso County.
The document recording fee is $26 for the first page, $4 for each additional page.
Each name to be indexed in excess of five names is 25 cents.
A certified copy is $5, plus $1 for each additional page.
Fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees, contact the County Clerk directly.
* A deed in El Paso County, Texas must have a grantor(s) signature that has been properly acknowledged, contain a legal description of the property, and must be delivered to and accepted by the grantee.
* If a deed affects, transfers, or conveys interest in real property, a grantee(s) address must appear on the document, or be included in the document as an attachment.
* The maximum size paper accepted is 8.5 x 14 inches while the minimum is 8.5 x 11. A page is considered to be one side of a sheet of paper. Use a font size of at least 8 point and black ink on white paper. Printing, typing, or handwriting must be clearly legible in order for the instrument to be accepted for recording.
* If an instrument is not in the English language, it needs to be accompanied by a correct English translation.
* Individual pages need to be of sufficient weight and substance so that printing, typing, or handwriting will not bleed through. Any riders or attachments must also comply with size requirements. Only one rider or attachment can be included with or attached to a page.
* Names should be printed or typed beneath signatures.
* On the bottom of the last page, provide at least 3 inches of blank space for the file stamp. If this is not provided, an additional page will be added.
* Provide a document heading at the top of the first page that identifies the type of legal document being recorded.
* On the front of the document, provide a return name and address to ensure a proper and timely return.
* A legal description of the real property is required.
* Any document that transfers an interest in real property must include the following "Notice of Confidentiality Rights:" NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY RIGHTS: IF YOU ARE A NATURAL PERSON, YOU MANY REMOVE OR STRIKE ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FROM ANY INSTRUMENT THAT TRANSFERS AN INTEREST IN REAL PROPERTY BEFORE IT IS FILED FOR RECORD IN THE PUBLIC RECORDS: YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE NUMBER.