You are NOT on the Milam County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The County Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records.
The cost to record a real estate deed is $26 for the first page and $4 for each additional page of the document. Each name in excess of five to be indexed is 25 cents.
If the grantee's address is not listed on the document, a fee of $25 or twice the regular filing fee, whichever is greater, will be charged.
The cost for copies of public records filed in the Clerk's Office is $1.00 per page and $5.00 for certification per document.
Visa, MasterCard and Discover are now accepted. Arrangements for credit card payments may be made by calling (254)697-7049. A convenience fee will be charged for by the vendor providing this service.
Fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the County Clerk directly.
* The maximum size paper accepted is 8.5 x 14 inches while the minimum is 8.5 x 11. A page is considered to be one side of a sheet of paper. Use a font size of at least 8 point and black ink on white paper. Printing, typing, or handwriting must be clearly legible in order for the instrument to be accepted for recording.
* If an instrument is not in the English language, it needs to be accompanied by a correct English translation.
* Individual pages need to be of sufficient weight and substance so that printing, typing, or handwriting will not bleed through. Any riders or attachments must also comply with size requirements. Only one rider or attachment can be included with or attached to a page.
* On the bottom of the last page, provide at least 3 inches of blank space for the file stamp. If this is not provided, an additional page will be added.
* The grantor must sign and acknowledge the instrument in the presence of two or more credible witnesses or have it acknowledged or sworn to and certified by an officer authorized to take acknowledgments or oaths. Original signatures are required. Corresponding names must be typed, printed, or stamped beneath signatures throughout the document.
* Instruments that convey an interest in real property must have the mailing address of each grantee that appears in the instrument, or in a separate writing signed by the grantor and attached to the instrument.
* Provide a document heading at the top of the first page that identifies the type of legal document being recorded.
* On the front of the document, provide a return name and address to ensure a proper and timely return.
* A legal description of the real property is required.
* Any document that transfers an interest in real property must include the following "Notice of Confidentiality Rights:" NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY RIGHTS: IF YOU ARE A NATURAL PERSON, YOU MANY REMOVE OR STRIKE ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FROM ANY INSTRUMENT THAT TRANSFERS AN INTEREST IN REAL PROPERTY BEFORE IT IS FILED FOR RECORD IN THE PUBLIC RECORDS: YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE NUMBER. This statement should be at the top of the first page.