You are NOT on the Box Elder County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
Real property documents such as warranty deeds, easements, and quit claim deeds pertaining to real property located in Box Elder County, Utah are recorded with the County Recorder. The Recorder reports all changes to the County Assessorâ€™s office, which is responsible for finding the fair market value of property.
Each Document - $40 and if an instrument contains
more than 10 descriptions, $2 for each additional description;
Federal Tax Lien or Release $40.00
Mining Location $40.00
Affidavits of Labor $40.00
Each claim over 10 ($2 per claim)
Plat of Subdivision/Condominium etc. per sheet $50.00
Plus $2.00 for each lot or unit
Copies of Record per sheet $1.00
Certificate under Seal $5.00
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local recording office directly.
* Documents submitted for recording must be originals. A certificate of acknowledgment, proof of execution, a jurat, or other notarial certificate containing the words "subscribed and sworn" or a substantial equivalent should be included and should be signed and certified by the officer taking the acknowledgment.
* The document should be in English or should be accompanied by an accurate English translation.
* Each document submitted for recording should be on white paper that measures 8.5x11 inches. Individual pages of the document should not be continuously bound at the top, sides, or bottom.
* Printing should be single-sided only. Black ink in a font size of at least 12 point should be used.
* In the upper right corner on the first page, a space of 4.5 x 2.5 inches should be provided. All other margins on this page and on subsequent pages should be at least 1 inch.
* On the first page, a brief heading, caption, or title that states the nature of the document should be provided.
* The names of all persons whose signatures appear on the instrument must be typed or printed on the instrument.
* A legal description of the real property should be provided on the document. A list of abbreviations to aid in the preparation of a legal description can be found on the Box Elder Recorder's website.
* To facilitate the abstracting of real property documents, the Recorder's Office requires that the applicable tax serial number of each parcel affected by the instrument appears on the instrument before it is accepted for recording. The tax serial number is not considered to be part of the legal description and can be entered in the margin of the deed. An error in the tax serial number does not affect the validity of the instrument or effectiveness of the recording.
* The total consideration paid should be listed in the document.
* A document conveying title to real property must name the grantee and recite a mailing address to be used for assessment and taxation.
* If a person submits a document for recording that is subject to and complies with the Real Estate Settlement and Procedure Act, 12 U.S.C. Sec. 2601 et seq. for a residential property described in Subsection (4)(a), the person shall notify the county recorder by including the word "RESPA" in at least 16 point font on the front page of each document. The County Recorder may use the RESPA fees but is not required to refund a fee or change a fee amount shown on a recorded RESPA document.
WATER RIGHTS ADDENDA
If submitting a deed that conveys a fee simple title to land or if conveying water rights without conveying title to land, a water rights addendum must be included with the deed when it is presented for recording.
A water rights addendum identifies and describes the water rights that are transferred under an applicable deed or states that no water rights are transferred under the applicable deed.
The grantor is required to complete and sign the water rights addendum. The grantee should sign the addendum to acknowledge receipt. The grantee's signature can be a facsimile or done by electronic means.