You are NOT on the Racine County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
Real property documents pertaining to property situated in Racine County may be recorded with the Register of Deeds.
The fee to record a deed, land contract, mortgage, or satisfaction is $30, regardless of the number of pages.
Using a cover page will result in an additional $2.
The current transfer fee rate is $3 per $1000 of value.
A Wisconsin Real Estate Transfer Return (completed with proper fee paid or a transfer tax exemption number) is required for deeds, land contracts, and other instruments of conveyance. File the form electronically online with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
The recording fee must accompany the deed and the transfer return receipt when recording.
If sending documents in through the mail, the correct recording fees should be provided.
All documents received after 4 pm are recorded the next business day.
* Documents should be submitted on 8.5x11 inch white paper or 8.5x14 inch white paper. Paper should be at least 20 pound weight. Individual pages may not be hinged together at the top, bottom, or sides.
* The document should be printed or typed in black or red ink, except for signatures, which should be dark black.
* Original signatures, notarized or authenticated, should be in the document.
* At the top of the first page, a inch by 2 inch area should be left blank in the upper left corner. This will contain the document number.
* On the right side of the first page, a 3x3 inch blank area should be provided for recording data in the upper right corner.
* Below this section, in a minimum 1x3 inch area, the return address should be provided.
* Other margins should be at least an inch at the top of the page and of an inch at the bottom and sides.
* A space and a line should be provided below the return address, and the line should be labeled as "parcel identification number." This is also known as a Tax ID number. If multiple parcels are affected by the instrument, the line below the return address may be used to refer to another area of the instrument where the parcel identification number is located. Racine County follows the "prefix-number" format for the parcel ID numbers. Examples and instructions can be found on the Wisconsin Department of Revenue webpage.
* A document title should be given on the first page. This should be not less than 0.5 inches or more than 3 inches from the top of the document. If more than one instrument name is given, it will be indexed under the first name.
* If the first page requirements are not met, a cover page will be added to the document. This will result in additional fees.
* The name of the person who drafted the document should be given in the bottom left corner of the first page. The following statement can be used: "This instrument was drafted by NAME."
* A document should identify the interest conveyed, and any material term, condition, reservation, exception or contingency upon which the interest is to arise, continue or be extinguished, limited or encumbered.
A complete legal description should include the following information: 1) Platting information (for platted property), in the form of a subdivision name or certified survey map number, or by lot and block. 2) If the property is not platted, then the description should be given in metes and bounds tied into the Public Lands Survey System. 3) Public Land Survey information: quarter section or quarter/quarter section, section number, town number, and range number. 4) Municipality. 5) County.
REAL ESTATE TRANSFER FORM
Whenever a conveyance is presented to the Register of Deeds for recording, it must be accompanied by a receipt that evidences completion of a Wisconsin Real Estate Transfer form, which must be completed online via the Wisconsin Department of Revenue website. To request the requirements to file the form electronically be waived, contact the Wisconsin Department of Revenue. Both the grantor and grantee (or either's agent) must sign the form.
If the transfer form has not been completed, an exemption number must be present on the document.