My Account Real Estate Deeds

New Hampshire Petition for Ex Parte Attachment

Filing a Mechanic's Lien in New Hampshire

Mechanic's liens are governed by Chapter 447 of the New Hampshire Statutes.

Mechanic's liens are used to help persuade an owner or other party to pay an outstanding bill for a work of improvement on real property. Because liens prevent an owner from selling or refinancing a property (or make it difficult to do so), liens are an effective remedy for contractors and other parties to earn their payment.

In New Hampshire, mechanic's liens must be secured through judicial attachment. This means a petition must be filed in court in the county where the property is located. As such, it's usually best to enlist the services of an attorney familiar with the practice of mechanic's lien law. Any such lien may be secured by attachment of the property upon which it exists at any time while the lien continues. NH RSA 447:10.

Such attachment take precedence over all lien claims for labor, professional design services, materials, or other things done or furnished after the attachment was made, unless that work was done or furnished in the performance of a contract existing when the attachment was made, or was necessary for the preservation of the property attached. 447:11.

Any filed lien shall continue for 120 days after the services are performed, or the materials, supplies or other things are furnished, unless payment therefor is previously made, and shall take precedence of all prior claims except liens on account of taxes. 447:9. For multiple claimants, all such attaching lien creditors shall share pro rata in accordance with the amounts of their respective lien judgments in the property attached or in its proceeds. 447:12.

The petition is a legal document and is filed in court. The fees associated with its filing will differ depending on the court where the petition is filed. The petition includes the names of the lien claimant and property owner, a description of the property, a description of the claim, the requested attachment value, and the amounts owed. The document also includes a proposed order to be completed by the judge or magistrate.

This article is offered for informational purposes only and is not legal advice. This information should not be relied upon as a substitute for speaking with an attorney. Please speak with an attorney familiar with lien laws with questions regarding filing a petition for ex parte attachment, or for any other issues related to mechanic's liens in New Hampshire. New Hampshire Petition for Ex Parte Attachment Forms Have Been Updated as Recently as Tuesday March 19, 2019

4.7 out of 5 (362 Reviews)

What others like you are saying:

Robert J D. said: No feedback

Reply from Staff: Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Have a great day!

Robert W. said: Perfect timing. Everything was consistent and timely.

Reply from Staff: Thank you Robert, we appreciate your feedback.

Alexis B. said: Highly Pleased- Strongly Recommend Long review... sorry:-) Originally I was very skeptical due to the enormous amount of the scams going on now days and the number of online sources that "claim" to provide you with deed forms for free or for a few. Nothing that you need and want done is free. There is always a cost. So luckily I came across This was the only site that appeared to be simple, to the point, and made no crazy promises. So before selecting this site, I did a little more checking around/price checking to ensure I am getting the best price for the product I needed. I even checked Staples and Amazon to find that they do indeed sell these forms but I do not think the products they provide are specific for my state and county. They claim their forms provided are for all states but my state is specific and I prefer to have forms provided by that is based on Indiana statute that clearly identifies on each form. price of $20 seemed a little high at first but when I saw the products provided, the $20 cost is more than reasonable and fair. You not only get the deed form specific for my state and my specific "county" but also the other various/supplemental forms that may be required. Being familiar with my state and knowing how tedious and anal my state is on everything, I was pleasantly please to see the info and extra supplemental forms provided. For example, a person new to the State who recently had property deeded to them, would not necessarily know about the Homestead tax exemption provided if property is your primary residents, over 65 exemption etc. I would highly recommend this site for anyone needing these documents because has you covered on any and all forms/info you could ever need! A bonus is that there is one flat fee and not monthly cost that you have to worry about canceling later unless you superficially select a monthly package. I love the fact that is nothing fancy. There is not a bunch of elaborate graphics etc. They only provide what you need and what they provide is very accurate. has a customer for life.

Reply from Staff: Thank you so much Alexis. We appreciate you, have a fantastic day.

Kerry H. said: Good experience - Just what I needed

Reply from Staff: Thank you Kerry, have an awesome day!

Randy T. said: I gave your site and forms 5 stars because it is very easy to use and included all the information needed to complete the form without having had a legal background.

Reply from Staff: Thank you Randy. Have a great day!

Rajashree S. said: Deed was easy to download and complete. Will use again if needed.

Reply from Staff: We appreciate your business and value your feedback. Thank you. Have a wonderful day!

New Hampshire Petition for Ex Parte Attachment Form