You are NOT on the Calhoun County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Probate Office is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Calhoun County.
$13.00 First Page (includes certification, indexing, page and mental health fees)
$3.00 Each additional page
No charge for first two (2) names
$1.00 Additional fee for indexing each name in excess of two entries in the direct index or two entries in the reverse index.
$1.00 Additional fee for releasing more than one book and page number
Mortgage Tax (round up to next $100): $0.15 per $100
Deed Tax (round up to the next $500): $0.50 per $500. Include a note stating the value of the property or its full purchase price.
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local probate office directly.
* Instrument prepared by: Instrument must show the name and address of the preparer. This can be done in the following format: 'This instrument prepared by NAME and ADDRESS.'
* The marital status of grantors or mortgagors is required to be given on all real property documents.
* The complete name and address of the grantee is required to be given on documents.
* A complete legal description of the real property, including plat book or the section, township, and range should be given. Any instrument attempting to transfer any interest in land will not be recorded if the instrument describes the land by reference to a plat but does not have the plat attached to the instrument or if the instrument does not describe the plat book or office in which it is located.
* Documents containing multiple pages should not be stapled.
* Originals or certified copies can be submitted.
* All documents of conveyance need to be in writing, attested by two witnesses, and signed by the contracting party or his agent. If he is unable to sign his name, it may be written for him with the words 'his mark' written next to his name.
The Real Estate Sales Validation Form must be filed in accordance with Code of Alabama 1975, Section 40-22-1.