You are NOT on the Cherokee County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Probate Office is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Cherokee County.
$13.00 1st page all documents; $3.00 each additional page
ALL DEEDS, EASEMENTS, MORTGAGES: $8.00 1st Page; $3.00 Each Additional Page
$1.00 each Extra Names Indexed (more than two grantors and two grantees or mortgagors/ mortgagees)
DEED TAX: $1.00 per $1000 (round up to the next $500)
MORTGAGE TAX: $.15 cents per $100 (Round up to the next $500); $1.50 per $1000
COPIES: $3.00 Certified Copies ; $1.00 Clerk Made Copies; $0.50 Customer Account or Customer Pulled Copies
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local probate office directly.
* Originals or certified copies are accepted for recording.
* All instruments of conveyance need to be in writing, attested by two witnesses, and signed by the contracting party or his agent. If he is unable to sign his name, it may be written for him with the words 'his mark' written next to the name.
* The name and address of the preparer of the document should be given in the following format: 'This instrument prepared by NAME and ADDRESS.'
* Any instrument attempting to transfer any interest in land will not be recorded if the instrument describes the land by reference to a plat but does not have the plat attached to the instrument or if the instrument does not describe the plat book or office in which it is located. There must also be a legal description of the land by metes and bounds.
* The marital status of the grantor must be given for all real property documents.
The Real Estate Sales Validation Form must be filed in accordance with Code of Alabama 1975, Section 40-22-1.