You are NOT on the Tuscaloosa County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Probate Office is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Tuscaloosa County.
$3.00 first page, $3.00 each additional page
$2.00 probate judge fee
$1.00 source of title fee (additional sources are $0.25 each)
No charge for two (2) index names (grantor and grantee), $1.00 for each additional name
Deed tax: $1.00 per $1000.00 property value
Mortgage tax: $0.15 per $100.00
Make all checks payable to "Judge of Probate." Check must contain physical address and phone number.
Self-addressed, stamped envelope must be included for document return.
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local probate office directly.
* Documents to be recorded must contain:
Source of Title Deed Book _______ Page _____
* Instrument prepared by: Instrument must show the name and address of the preparer. This can be done in the following format: 'This instrument prepared by NAME and ADDRESS.'
* The marital status of grantors or mortgagors is required to be given on all real property documents.
* The complete name and address of the grantee is required to be given on documents.
* A complete legal description of the real property, including plat book or the section, township, and range should be given. Any instrument attempting to transfer any interest in land will not be recorded if the instrument describes the land by reference to a plat but does not have the plat attached to the instrument or if the instrument does not describe the plat book or office in which it is located.
* Documents containing multiple pages should not be stapled.
* Originals or certified copies can be submitted.
* All documents of conveyance need to be in writing, attested by two witnesses, and signed by the contracting party or his agent. If he is unable to sign his name, it may be written for him with the words 'his mark' written next to his name.
The Real Estate Sales Validation Form must be filed in accordance with Code of Alabama 1975, Section 40-22-1.