You are NOT on the Washington County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Probate Office is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Washington County.
$6.00 first page, $3.00 each additional page
There is no charge for first two (2) names of grantors and for the first two (2) names of grantees. After that, it is $1.00 per additional name.
The deed transfer tax is $0.50 per $500.
The mortgage transfer tax is $0.15 per $100.
Mineral deeds are $0.15 per acre.
A surcharge of $10.00 will be charged on all taxable deeds.
For the most current fees and calculation, we advise to contact the local probate office directly.
* Instrument prepared by: Instrument must show the name and address of the preparer. This can be done in the following format: 'This instrument prepared by NAME and ADDRESS.'
* The marital status of grantors or mortgagors is required to be given on all real property documents.
* The complete name and address of the grantee is required to be given on documents.
* A complete legal description of the real property, including plat book or the section, township, and range should be given. Any instrument attempting to transfer any interest in land will not be recorded if the instrument describes the land by reference to a plat but does not have the plat attached to the instrument or if the instrument does not describe the plat book or office in which it is located.
* Documents containing multiple pages should not be stapled.
* Originals or certified copies can be submitted.
* All documents of conveyance need to be in writing, attested by two witnesses, and signed by the contracting party or his agent. If he is unable to sign his name, it may be written for him with the words 'his mark' written next to his name.
The Real Estate Sales Validation Form must be filed in accordance with Code of Alabama 1975, Section 40-22-1.