The County Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining records related to real property situated in Sierra County.
You are NOT on the Sierra County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
RECORDING FEE PER DOCUMENT
To record 1-10 indexed entries, the fee is $25.
Each additional block of 10 indexed entries is $25.
DETERMINATION OF RECORDING ENTRIES
The County Clerk's Office will review the grantor/grantee's and legal description of each document and determine how many entries will be required for indexing. Every name indexed counts as one entry.
GRANTOR/GRANTEE: EVERY NAME INDEXED COUNTS AS 1 ENTRY
Ben White, an unmarried man =1
John Smith and Sue Smith (no vesting) = 2
Ben White and Ellen White, husband and wife = 2
John Smith and Sally Taylor, husband and wife = 2
John Smith and Mary Smith Revocable Trust = 1
John Smith and Mary Jones Revocable Trust = 2
Ellen White, aka Ellen Smith = 2
Ellen Ferguson-Smith = 1
Ellen White, Individually and Attorney in fact for Ben White =2
LEGAL DESCRIPTION: EVERY SEPARATE DESCRIPTION COUNTS AS 1 ENTRY
Lot, Subdivision = 1
Lot 1 & Lot 2, Subdivision = 2
Lot 1, Apt. A, Subdivision = 1
Unit A of XYZ Condos, located on Lot 1, Subdivision = 2
Lot 1 and a portion of Lot 2, Subdivision = 2
Fees for hard copies are set by each respective County Clerk.
Recording fees are due at the time of recording.
* Documents must be originals and must be notarized with a proper acknowledgment.
* If a document is larger than 8.5 x 14 inches, an additional page fee will be added.
* Paper should be white, size 8.5 x 11 inches or 8.5 x 14 inches.
* The text of the document should be in black ink, with a minimum font size of 10 point.
* It must contain a legal description of the real property or in the case of releases and assignments, a book and page reference.
* The consideration paid for the real property must be mentioned in the document.
* A name and address for the grantee must be included in the body of the document.