You are NOT on the Allegany County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The County Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Allegany County.
To record a deed or mortgage, the basic fee is $45, which includes a $20 fee for the county-generated cover page, and $3 for each page recorded. Each cross reference is $.50.
For an assignment of mortgage, each mortgage after the first one, costs an additional $3.
The New York State Transfer Tax is due at the time of filing. The tax is based on the purchase price of the property. The rate is $4 per $1,000 or fraction thereof of
consideration above any mortgage assumption, rounded off to the nearest $500.00, e. g.:
If consideration is $10,000.01 - $10,500.00, tax is $42.00
If consideration is $10,500.01 - $11,000.00, tax is $44.00
The TP-584 Combined Real Estate Transfer Tax Return costs $5. Filing instructions can be found on the New York state government website.
The RP-5217 filing fee of $125 is required for qualifying residential or farm property and $250 for all other property.
The County Clerk's Office in Allegany County, New York requires a Clerk Generated Office Recording page. This sheet constitutes the Clerk's endorsement required by section 319 of the real property law of New York. The fee for this is $7 per Clerk Generated Office Recording page.
* Conveyances must be acknowledged by the person executing the instrument. All acknowledgments require the Uniform Certificate of Acknowledgment, which can be found on the Allegany County Clerk's website.
* Originals or certified copies can be recorded.
* Documents should be on 8.5 x 11 inch white paper. Printing or typing should be in black ink, with a minimum font size of 10 point.
* The addresses of the grantors and grantees are required on a deed.
* A legal description of the property is required (including township).
* The amount of consideration must be included on the document.
Once the deed form is completed, signed, and notarized, submitters must file a TP-584 Combined Real Estate Transfer Tax Return.
Next, an IT-2663 form is required. This is an Application for Certification of recording of a deed and non-estimated income tax. This may be required for a non-resident seller of New York State.
The next step is to file an RP-5217. This form is available at the County Clerk's Office.