You are NOT on the Saratoga County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The County Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Saratoga County.
To record a deed, the fee is $5.00 per page, plus $45.00 includes cover sheet.
For each name over two in a document, the fee is $0.50 each.
A Transfer Tax Affidavit (TP-584) is $5.
Equalization and Assessment (RP-5217) is $125. For vacant land or commercial property, the RP-5217 is $250.
* A conveyance must be signed and acknowledged by the grantor.
* An instrument must be in the English language, including the acknowledgment and certificate of authentication.
* Submit documents on 8.5 x 11 inch white paper, with the text of the instrument in black ink and a minimum font size of 10 point.
* The date of execution must be at the top of the instrument, along with a title.
* Names and addresses of grantors and grantees are required.
* Provide a legal description of the real property, including the city and town.
* A valid name and return address should appear on the document.
A Transfer Tax Affidavit (TP-584) must be filed for each conveyance of real property from a grantor/transferor to grantee/transferee. This form should be filed with the county clerk no later than the fifteenth day after the delivery of the instrument affecting the conveyance. This form can be obtained from the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance website.
The RP-5217 Real Property Transfer Report is a form used to document the information associated with all real property transfers within New York State, except for New York City transfers. An original RP-5217 form must accompany all deeds and correction deeds upon filing. A filing fee will apply to this form. This form cannot be submitted online. Original forms are available at the county recorder's office or can be ordered online. For online ordering information, visit the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance website.