You are NOT on the Linn County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The County Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records.
The fee to record a deed is $65 for the first page and $5 for each additional page.
Each additional title on a document is $5. If there is an extra title that is not listed on the first page, then there will be a non-compliance fee in addition to the extra title fee.
The non-compliance fee is $20, which is in addition to other fees.
If you have questions about recording or recording fees, contact the Linn County Clerk directly.
* The first page of the document shall contain the name of the transaction(s); the names of the grantor(s) and grantee(s); the name and address to which the document should be returned after recording; for documents of conveyance of any real estate, the true and actual consideration paid for the transfer; for instruments conveying or contracting to convey fee title to any real estate, the tax statement information; for County Clerk Lien Record instruments, they shall be on official letterhead and include the seals of officers and agencies; for instruments assigning a mortgage or trust deed, the names and addresses of the assignee mortgagee or assignee trust deed beneficiary.
* Certified copies or originals are accepted for recording. Documents submitted for recording must be typed, written, or printed in a font size that is 8 point or larger, on paper that is 8.5 x 14 inches or 8.5 x 11 inches.
* All instruments conveying fee title to property shall be signed by the grantor and acknowledged. Documents should contain original signatures of the persons executing the instrument and the original signature of the officer before whom the acknowledgement was made.
* Provide a 4 x 2 inch space on the first page in the top right corner for the recording label.
* All instruments of conveyance of any real estate shall state on the face of the instrument the true and actual consideration paid for the transfer, stated in terms of dollars. However, if the actual consideration consists of or includes other property or other value given or promised, neither the monetary value nor a description of the other property or value need be stated so long as it is noted on the face of the instrument that other property or value was either part or the whole consideration. A particular form is not required for the statement of consideration.
* The statement of consideration shall be made by the grantor or grantee.
* All instruments prepared for the purpose of conveying or contracting to convey fee title to any real estate shall contain on the face of such instrument a statement in substantially the following form: 'Until a change is requested, all tax statements shall be sent to the following address: NAME and ADDRESS.'
* If documents do not contain the required information on the first page, a cover sheet will be prepared for the document, to which additional fees will be applied. The cover sheet does not need to be separately signed or acknowledged.
* Documents pertaining to real property must contain a legal description of the property. The property can be described by giving the subdivision according to the United States survey when coincident with the boundaries thereof, or by lots, blocks and addition names, or by partition plat recording and parcel numbers, or by giving the boundaries thereof by metes and bounds, or by reference to the book and page, document number and fee number of any public record of the county where the description may be found. However, description by tax lot number shall not be adequate for the legal property description. Initial letters, abbreviations, figures, fractions and exponents, to designate the township, range, section or part of a section, or the number of any lot or block or part thereof, or any distance, course, bearing or direction, may be employed in any such description of real property.
* A statement given in full in ORS 93.040 needs to be included in the body of an instrument transferring or contracting to transfer fee title to real property, except for owner's sale agreements or earnest money receipts.
Warranty deeds may be in the following form:
_____, Grantor, conveys and warrants to_____, Grantee, the following described real property free of encumbrances except as specifically set forth herein: (Describe the property conveyed.)
(If there are to be exceptions to the covenants described in ORS 93.850 (2)(c), here insert such exceptions.)
(Following statement of exceptions, here insert statement required under ORS 93.040 (1).)
The true consideration for this conveyance is $_____. (Here comply with the requirements of ORS 93.030.)
Dated this _____ day of_____, 2___.