Real Estate Deeds Account
Sign In

Bradford County, Pennsylvania

Recorder Offices

Recorder of Deeds - County Courthouse

301 Main St, Towanda, Pennsylvania 18848

8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday (Except Holidays)

Phone: (570) 265-1702

Pennsylvania - Bradford County Recorder Information

In Pennsylvania, it is the responsibility of the Recorder of Deeds to record and maintain real property documents. These records include deeds, easements, and other instruments used in the conveyance of property. Recording requirements must be met and fees must be paid before recording can take place. Documents in Bradford County are recorded by the Bradford County Recorder of Deeds.

Register of Deeds

You are NOT on the Bradford County official website, you are on, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.

Recording Fees

The fee to record a deed or mortgage is $76.75 for the first four pages. After the first four pages, each additional page is $2. Each name after the first four is $.50, as is each additional notary beyond the first one.

A mortgage assignment, land contract, right of way, lease, or easement is $63.75 for the first four pages.

A modification or subordination of mortgage, agreement, affidavit, power of attorney, or action to quiet title is $23.50.

Include a self-addressed stamped envelope with all documents submitted for recording. Make sure the envelope is sufficient in size to accommodate your documents.

Contact the Bradford County Recorder of Deeds at 570-265-1702 if you have questions regarding transfer taxes, recording fees, or if you have other questions about recording.

Document Formatting Requirements

1. A deed must be acknowledged before the Recorder of Deeds can consider it for recordation. An acknowledgment must include the county and state. The name of the person acknowledging should be given exactly the same as it appears in the document. Other necessary elements are a notary signature, notary stamp, and the notary expiration date. The acknowledgment date should be on or after the execution date of the document.

2. The maximum size page accepted is 8.5 x 14 inches. Margins should be a minimum of 1-inch and should be free from all markings. Paper size 8.5 x 11 inches is also accepted.

3. A complete legal description of the real property must be present on the instrument.

4. The Uniform Parcel Identifier number that has been assigned to the parcel must be stated on the document. For assistance with this, contact the County Mapping Department. In order for a recorded document to provide constructive notice under the Pennsylvania recording laws, it must have a Uniform Parcel Identifier number.

5. A Certificate of Residence, with the grantee's name and mailing address, should be attached to the deed.

6. A deed should state the true consideration of the property or should be accompanied by an original Affidavit of Value. If claiming an exemption from taxation, the deed must be accompanied by an original and fully completed Affidavit of Value.

7. If multiple documents constituting one transaction are submitted, the order of recording must be clearly indicated. The party submitting the documents is responsible for any re-recording expenses resulting from an improper order of recording.

8. Any corrective documents must include a reference to the document being corrected, as well as the reason for correction. A corrective deed must also include a Statement of Value and a recorded copy of the document being corrected.

9. A re-recorded document must be acknowledged again, and must also include the reason for re-recording.

10. When submitting a deed that pertains to property in more than one municipality, the percentage of local transfer tax for each municipality must be stated.

Statement of Value: A Statement of Value is necessary whenever (1) the full consideration is not set forth in the deed, (2) when the deed is without consideration or is by gift, or (3) a tax exemption is claimed. A Statement of Value is not required if the transfer is wholly exempt from tax based on familial relationship or public utility easement.
If the transfer is between family members, the relationship must be stated on the deed.

The Statement of Value must be completed in its entirety and submitted in duplicate with a reason for the exemption and the amount of exemption.

A Statement of Value must also be submitted for easements and rights-of-ways. Real Estate Deeds

Nothing on this website should be considered a substitute for the advice of an attorney.

© DEEDS.COM INC. 1997 - 2023 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | (330) 606-0119 | P.O. Box 5264, Fairlawn, OH 44334