You are NOT on the Bradford County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
In Pennsylvania, it is the responsibility of the Recorder of Deeds to record and maintain real property documents. These records include deeds, easements, and other instruments used in the conveyance of property. Recording requirements must be met and fees must be paid before recording can take place. Documents in Bradford County are recorded by the Bradford County Recorder of Deeds.
ALL DOCUMENTS DEALING WITH REAL ESTATE MUST HAVE THE PARCEL NUMBER TYPED OR WRITTEN ON THE DOCUMENT BEING RECORDED. ALL DOCUMENTS BEING SUBMITTED FOR RECORDING MUST BE IN A FORMAT THAT CAN BE REPRODUCED FOR IMAGING (IF YOU CANNOT READ IT, DO NOT SUBMIT IT FOR RECORDING).
ON ALL DOCUMENTS YOU ARE ALLOWED 4 PAGES. ANY DOCUMENT THAT IS LARGER THAN THIS IT WILL BE AT A FEE OF $2.00 PER PAGE AFTER 4. IF THIS DOCUMENT IS NOT 4 PAGES YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY THE BASE FEE,
MEANING IF THE BASE FEE IS $76.75 FOR 4 PAGES AND YOUR DOCUMENT IS ONLY l PAGES LONG YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY THE $76.75 TO RECORD.
ON ALL DOCUMENTS YOU ARE ALLOWED 4 NAMES. ANY DOCUMENT THAT HAS MORE THAN 4 NAMES WILL BE AT A FEE OF 50 CENTS PER NAME AFTER 4. THIS MEANS IF YOU HAVE 10 NAMES ON THE DOCUMENT THE FIRST 4 NAMES ARE INCLUDED IN THE BASE FEE. THE OTHER 6 NAMES WOULD COST YOU $3.00 EXTRA.
ON ALL DOCUMENTS YOU ARE ALLOWED ONE NOTARY. ANY DOCUMENT THAT HAS MORE THAN 1 NOTARY IT WILL BE AT A COST OF 50 CENTS PER NOTARY. MEANING THAT IF YOU HAVE 5 NOTARIES THE FIRST ONE IS INCLUDED IN THE
BASE FEE THE NEXT 4 WOULD COST YOU 50 CENTS PER NOTARY. IF THE NOTARY HAS LISTED IN THE
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT TWO PEOPLE ON THE SAME NOTARY IT WILL NOT COST YOU DOUBLE. IF YOU HAVE 4 NAMES ON THE DOCUMENT AND THE NOTARY DOES EACH ONE-SEPERATE YES YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THE EXTRA NOTARIES.
ON ALL DOCUMENTS YOU ARE ALLOWED 1 PARCEL. ANY DOCUMENT THAT HAS MORE THAN 1 PARCEL WILL BE AT A COST OF 50 CENTS PER PARCEL. MEANING IF YOU HAVE SO-PARCELS LISTED ON YOUR DOCUMENT THE FIRST ONE IS INCLUDED IN THE BASE FEE THE OTHER 49 WILL COST YOU 50 CENTS PER, WHICH IS $24.50.
SO IF YOU HAVE READ THE ABOVE YOU WOULD COME UP WITH THIS FEE
$76.75 BASE FEE
NO EXTRA PAGES
$ 3.00 EXTRA NAMES (6)
$ 2.00 EXTRA NOTARIES (4)
$24.50 EXTRA PARCELS (49)
SO YOUR GRAND TOTAL WOULD BE
$106.25 TO RECORD THIS DOCUMENT
IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL
(570)- 265-1702 DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS WHICH IS 8AM TO 5 PM MONDAY-FRIDAY.
DEEDS $76.75 FOR 4 PAGES
MORTGAGES $76.75 FOR 4 PAGES
MORTGAGE ASSIGNMENT $63.75 FOR 4 PAGES
SUBORDINATION OF MORTGAGE $23.50 FOR 4 PAGES
LAND CONTRACT $63.75 FOR 4 PAGES
EASEMENT $63.75 FOR 4 PAGES
RIGHT OF WAY $63.75 FOR 4 PAGES (ASSIGNMENT, CANCELLATION, RELEASE, SURRENDER OR ANY OTHER THING YOU CAN THINK OF TO CALL IT)
LEASES $63.75 FOR 4 PAGES
AGREEMENTS $23.50 FOR 4 PAGES
POWER OF ATTORNEY $23.50 FOR 4 PAGES
ACTION TO QUIET TITLE $23.50 FOR 4 PAGES
AFFIDAVIT $23.50 FOR 4 PAGES
MODIFICATION & SUBORDINATION OF MORTGAGE $23.50 FOR 4 PAGES
AWARD OF REAL ESTATE $23.50 FOR 4 PAGES
MISCELLANEOUS $23.50 FOR 4 PAGES
ASSIGNMENT OF RENTS $23.50 FOR 4 PAGES
TIMBER SALES $23.50 FOR 4 PAGES
HIGHWAY OCCUPANCY PERMIT $23.50 FOR 4 PAGES
HYDROCARBON CONVEYANCE $76.75 FOR 4 PAGES
WATER WELL DEVELOPMENT $63.75 FOR 4 PAGES
CONSERVATION CONTRACT $76.75 FOR 4 PAGES
CLEAN & GREEN $23.50 FLAT FEE THE ASSESSEMENT OFFICE HANDLES THE PAPERWORK (570)-265-1714 THEY DO THE RECORDING
OIL & GAS LEASE (ASSIGNMENT, MODIFICATION, RELEASE, SURRENDER,
RATIFICATION, EXTENSION, AMENDMENT AND ANY OTHER THING YOU CAN THINK OF TO CALL ONE) $23.50 FOR 4 PAGES NO BLANKET ASSIGNMENTS ACCEPTED. NO-EXCEPTIONS.
DECLARATION OF TAKING $23.50 FOR 4 PAGES
CONDEMNATION OF NOTICE $23.50 FOR 4 PAGES
SATISFACTION OF MORTGAGE $63.75 FLAT FEE
RELEASE OF MORTGAGE $63.75 FOR 4 PAGES
ASSIGNMENT OF RENTS SATISFACTION $63.75 FOR 4 PAGES
HIGHWAY MAP $21.50 FOR 1 PAGE
SUBDIVISION MAP $21.50 FOR 1 PAGE
ADDITIONAL PAGES FOR MAPS ARE $2.00 PER PAGE
ALL DOCUMENTS BEING SUBMITTED FOR RECORDING HAVE TO BE ORIGINAL. ALL SIGNATURES HAVE TO BE ORIGINAL
MEANING NO COPIES ALLOWED FOR RECORDING UNLESS BY ORDER OF COURT.
PLEASE ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT THE STAFF IN THIS OFFICE CANNOT CHANGE THE RECORDING REQUIREMENTS OR
THE FEES, ALL THEY DO IS ENFORCE THE FEES AND REQUIREMENTS. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON THE FEES OR THE REQUIREMENTS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE REGISTER & RECORDER.
ALL DEEDS, MORTGAGES, ASSIGNMENT OF MORTGAGE & LAND CONTRACTS MUST HAVE A CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCE ON THE DOCUMENT WITH AN ORIGINAL SIGNATURE, NO RUBBER STAMPS. (THIS IS A STATEMENT ON THE DOCUMENT ALL BY ITSELF THAT STATES THE CORRECT ADDRESS OF THE WITHIN NAMED GRANTEE, MORTGAGEE ETC IS. SAMPLE MA & PA KETTLE, 608 OLD SHACK DIRT DRIVE, TIMBUCKTOO, PA 00000 AFTER THIS STATEMENT IS WHERE YOU WOULD PUT THE ORIGINAL SIGNATURE)
Note: A Certificate of Residence Statement is included in our form
ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Contact the Bradford County Recorder of Deeds at 570-265-1702 if you have questions regarding transfer taxes, recording fees, or if you have other questions about recording.
Document Formatting Requirements
1. A deed must be acknowledged before the Recorder of Deeds can consider it for recordation. An acknowledgment must include the county and state. The name of the person acknowledging should be given exactly the same as it appears in the document. Other necessary elements are a notary signature, notary stamp, and the notary expiration date. The acknowledgment date should be on or after the execution date of the document.
2. The maximum size page accepted is 8.5 x 14 inches. Margins should be a minimum of 1-inch and should be free from all markings. Paper size 8.5 x 11 inches is also accepted.
3. A complete legal description of the real property must be present on the instrument.
4. The Uniform Parcel Identifier number that has been assigned to the parcel must be stated on the document. For assistance with this, contact the County Mapping Department. In order for a recorded document to provide constructive notice under the Pennsylvania recording laws, it must have a Uniform Parcel Identifier number.
5. A Certificate of Residence, with the grantee's name and mailing address, should be attached to the deed.
6. A deed should state the true consideration of the property or should be accompanied by an original Affidavit of Value. If claiming an exemption from taxation, the deed must be accompanied by an original and fully completed Affidavit of Value.
7. If multiple documents constituting one transaction are submitted, the order of recording must be clearly indicated. The party submitting the documents is responsible for any re-recording expenses resulting from an improper order of recording.
8. Any corrective documents must include a reference to the document being corrected, as well as the reason for correction. A corrective deed must also include a Statement of Value and a recorded copy of the document being corrected.
9. A re-recorded document must be acknowledged again, and must also include the reason for re-recording.
10. When submitting a deed that pertains to property in more than one municipality, the percentage of local transfer tax for each municipality must be stated.
Statement of Value: A Statement of Value is necessary whenever (1) the full consideration is not set forth in the deed, (2) when the deed is without consideration or is by gift, or (3) a tax exemption is claimed. A Statement of Value is not required if the transfer is wholly exempt from tax based on familial relationship or public utility easement.
If the transfer is between family members, the relationship must be stated on the deed.
The Statement of Value must be completed in its entirety and submitted in duplicate with a reason for the exemption and the amount of exemption.
A Statement of Value must also be submitted for easements and rights-of-ways.