You are NOT on the Austin County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The County Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Austin County.
To record a document, the fee is $36 for the first page and $4 for each additional page.
If adequate space is not provided on the last page for the recording clerk's filing stamp, an additional $4 will be charged.
Each grantor/grantee name in excess of five will be $0.25.
Copies are $1 per page. A certified copy is $5.
Fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees, contact the County Clerk directly.
- Deeds must have original signatures or signatures that are acknowledged.
- The Recording Clerk's filing stamp goes on the last page. Adequate space should be given for this stamp.
- Documents should be submitted on paper no larger than 8.5 x 14 inches.
- The font size should not be smaller than 8 point.
- Documents should have a clearly labeled heading that indicates the nature of the instrument.
- Real property documents must include the grantee's mailing address.
- An instrument transferring an interest in real property to or from an individual must include a notice that appear on the top of the first page of an instrument in 12 point boldface type or 12 point uppercase letters and reads substantially as follows: NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY RIGHTS: IF YOU ARE A NATURAL PERSON, YOU MAY REMOVE OR STRIKE ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FROM ANY INSTRUMENT THAT TRANSFERS AN INTEREST IN REAL PROPERTY BEFORE IT IS FILED FOR RECORD IN THE PUBLIC RECORDS: YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE NUMBER.
- Documents sent to the Recorder's Office must have a return name and address, unless arrangements have been made to pick up the recorded documents in person.
- Corresponding names should be printed or typed beneath signatures.