You are NOT on the Williamson County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The County Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Williamson County.
To record a document in the real property records, the fee is $21 for the first page and $4 for each additional page or fraction of a page.
Each name to be indexed after the first five names is 25 cents (50 cents for DBAs).
If the grantee's mailing address is not present on the document, there will be a $25 fee or twice the filing fee, whichever is greater.
Any page that is illegible, does not have corresponding names typed or printed underneath signatures, or is not suitable for reproducing a legible copy can be sent back if funds are not provided at twice the regular filing fee or recording fee for that page.
Copies are $1 per page. Certified copies are $5 for the clerk's certification, plus $1 per page.
Fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the County Clerk directly.
- Signatures must be original. Names must be legibly printed or typed underneath signatures.
- A copy of an instrument may not be recorded in the office of the county clerk. Instruments must be written in English in order to be recorded.
- A document page is considered to be one side of a sheet of white paper measuring 8.5 x 11 inches or 8.5 x 14 inches. The paper should be of sufficient weight, substance, and color so that printing or typing does not bleed through. If riders or attachments are used, they must also comply with the size requirements and should not be larger than the page. Only one rider or attachment can be attached to a page.
- Use a font size of at least 8 point and black ink. Printing, typing, and handwriting must be legible in order to be recorded.
- At the top of the first page, provide a document heading or caption that identifies the type of recordable transaction.
- Real property instruments will not be recorded unless the mailing address of each grantee is provided either on the instrument itself or in a separate writing that is signed by the grantor or grantee and is attached to the instrument. If this information is not provided as requested, additional fees will apply to the transaction.
- An instrument transferring an interest in real property to or from an individual must include a notice at the top of the first page in 12 point boldface type or 12 point uppercase letters and reads substantially as follows: NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY RIGHTS: IF YOU ARE A NATURAL PERSON, YOU MAY REMOVE OR STRIKE ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FROM ANY INSTRUMENT THAT TRANSFERS AN INTEREST IN REAL PROPERTY BEFORE IT IS FILED FOR RECORD IN THE PUBLIC RECORDS: YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE NUMBER.