Real Estate Deeds Account
Sign In

Weber County, Utah

Recorder Offices

Weber County Recorder

2380 Washington Blvd, Suite 370, Ogden, Utah 84401

8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday

Phone: (801) 399-8441

Register of Deeds

You are NOT on the Weber County official website, you are on, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.

Utah - Weber County Recorder Information

The Weber County Recorder will record real property documents pertaining to property located in that county.

Recording Fees

Each Document submitted for recording "Letter or Legal Size" $40.00
Plus each additional description after the first 10, lot, unit, claim, easement, right of way, or exception $2.00

Plat of Subdivision or Condominium, etc. per page $50.00
Plus each additional description after the first 10, lot, unit, claim, easement, right of way, or exception $2.00

Federal Tax Lien or Release $40.00

Mining Location $40.00

Copies (Fees determined by Weber County)
Copies of Documents (per sheet) $1.00
Copies of Documents (self-made) $0.50
Computer Screen Prints (per page) $1.00
Abstract Print (per page) $1.00
Description Print (per page) $1.00
Ownership maps (11" x 17", 8 1/2" x 11") $1.00
Ownership maps (to scale - from plotter) $2.00
Dedication Plats 19" x 30" $2.00
Dedication Plats 24" x 36" $3.00
Mylar Copies (all sizes) $6.00

Ownership Maps on CD (full set) $25.00 (updated quarterly)
Recorded Documents on CD Contact Data Image 801-977-0066.

County recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local recording office directly.

Document Formatting Requirements

* An original or a certified copy of an original should be submitted for recording. Original signatures should appear in the document.

* The document should be written in English or accompanied by an accurate English translation.

* Paper size should be 8.5 x 11 inches. Individual pages of a document should not be continuously bound at the top, bottom, or sides.

* Printing should be single-sided only. Black ink, with a minimum font size of 10 point should be used.

* On the first page, there should be a blank space of 4.5x2.5 in the upper right corner. This is reserved for the Recorder's use. All other margins on this page and on subsequent pages should be at least 1 inch.

* A brief title or heading that states the nature of the document should be on the first page. This should be below the blank space provided for the Recorder.

* A legal description of the real property should be included. In addition, the land serial number should be provided. For assistance with a legal description, visit the Weber County Recorder's webpage.

* Each instrument presented to the county recorder shall have typed or printed on it the name of each person whose signature appears on the instrument whose name is required to be indexed. The typed or printed name should be beneath the signature.

* The grantee's name and address needs to be on the instrument, in addition to a mailing address to be used for assessment and taxation.

* A notary stamp and acknowledgment is required for documents to be recorded.

* The total consideration should be named in the conveyance document.

* If a person submits a document for recording that is subject to and complies with the Real Estate Settlement and Procedure Act, 12 U.S.C. Sec. 2601 et seq. for a residential property described in Subsection (4)(a), the person shall notify the county recorder by including the word "RESPA" in at least 16 point font on the front page of each document. The County Recorder may use the RESPA fees but is not required to refund a fee or change a fee amount shown on a recorded RESPA document.


If submitting a deed that conveys a fee simple title to land or if conveying water rights without conveying title to land, a water rights addendum must be included with the deed when it is presented for recording.

A water rights addendum identifies and describes the water rights that are transferred under an applicable deed or states that no water rights are transferred under the applicable deed.

The grantor is required to complete and sign the water rights addendum. The grantee should sign the addendum to acknowledge receipt. The grantee's signature can be a facsimile or done by electronic means. Real Estate Deeds

Nothing on this website should be considered a substitute for the advice of an attorney.

© DEEDS.COM INC. 1997 - 2022 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | (330) 606-0119 | P.O. Box 5264, Fairlawn, OH 44334