You are NOT on the Buckingham County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Clerk of the Circuit Court is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Buckingham County.
A detailed fee schedule as well as a deed calculator can be found on the Virginia Circuit Court website.
The fee schedule can also be found under supplemental forms. For the deed calculator follow the link for the cover sheet.
If you have questions about recording fees, contact the Clerk of the Circuit Court directly.
* This Circuit Court does not require a cover sheet.
* Submit original documents on white unglazed paper that is 8.5 x 11 inches in size. Printing or typing should be in black ink with a font size of at least 9 point.
* A deed should contain the original signature of the person executing it and should also be acknowledged or proved by two witnesses. A document should be notarized in accordance with the Virginia Notary Act.
* Each deed should name, in the first clause, each grantor and each grantee under whose name the document is to be indexed.
* A clerk may refuse a document for recording if the name of the person under which the document is to be indexed does not legibly appear or is not furnished. Names should be printed or typed beneath signatures.
* Provide margins that are a minimum of 1-inch on the top, left, and bottom of all pages. On the right side of all pages, the margin can be at least 1/2 an inch.
* The amount of consideration paid for the property must be stated on the first page of the deed (not only on the Lands Records Cover sheet).
* Recordation data will be affixed to the last page of the deed by the recording staff.
* On both the instrument and the cover page, the tax ID number for the property should be listed. The tax ID number can be placed in the upper left corner of the first page.
* The clerk has the authority to reject a document unless each individual's surname only, where it first appears in the writing, is underscored or written entirely in capital letters, (ii) each page of the instrument or writing is numbered, (iii) the Code section under which any exemption from recordation taxes is clearly stated on the face of the writing, (iv) the names of all grantors and grantees are listed as required and if a cover sheet is used, the names of all grantors and grantees on the face of such writing are the same as on the cover sheet, and (v) the first page of the document bears entry showing the name of either the person or entity who drafted the instrument, except that documents prepared outside the Commonwealth of Virginia will be recorded without such entry.
* Instruments will be returned to the grantee, unless another address is listed.
* On the first page of any deed conveying not more than four residential dwelling units, state the name of the title insurance underwriter insuring the instrument or a statement that the existence of title insurance is unknown to the preparer.
Effect of Recording: Every deed is void to all purchasers for valuable consideration without notice until it is admitted to record in the county where the property is situated.