You are NOT on the King George County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Land Records Division of the Clerk of Circuit Court is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in King George County.
A detailed fee schedule as well as a deed calculator can be found on the Virginia Circuit Court website.
The fee schedule can also be found under supplemental forms. For the deed calculator, follow the link for the required cover sheet.
If you have questions about recording fees, contact the Clerk of the Circuit Court directly.
* A cover sheet must be generated online and submitted when recording (see supplemental forms). This page must be added to the total page count when determining filing fees.
* All documents presented for recordation must be signed and notarized originals. No faxed copies will be accepted. Signatures must also be original, in ink, and have a typed or printed name beneath them.
* Notarized documents must also include the notary expiration date, the location of the act (i.e. Commonwealth of Virginia), and an acknowledgment statement.
* Include a legal description of the real property and a property address.
* A tax map number is required for all deeds conveying or relating to an interest in real property. This should be typed or written in the left-hand margin of the first page of the document.
* In the first clause of the deed, provide each grantor and grantee name under which the document will be indexed. When each grantor and grantee is first named in the document, their last name must be underlined or capitalized. This is only for the first usage. The names of all grantors and grantees must be listed in the document.
* On the first page of all documents, provide a return name and address or a Land Records box number.
* The consideration amount and the assumption balance (if applicable) should be typed or written in the left top margin of all deeds.
* Provide the name of the individual person or firm that prepared the document. Papers or documents prepared outside the Commonwealth of Virginia do not need a preparer's statement.
* On all refinance deeds of trust with the same lender, the refinancing statement should be on the first page of the trust. Preferably, this should be after the property description. In this statement, provide the book and page number of the existing trust on record, specifically state "refinance with the same lender," and certify the amount of original debt. A payoff statement should also accompany this document.
* When claiming an exemption from recordation taxes, appropriate references to the Code of Virginia are required on the first page. The Code sections relating to recordation taxes start at 58.1.
* Pages must be numbered sequentially on all documents.
* Documents must be on white unglazed paper. Print should be black, solid, and uniform throughout the document. Print size must be 9 point or larger.
* Paper size should be 8.5 x 11 inches or 8.5 x 14 inches.
* Margins must be a minimum of one inch on the top, left, and bottom. The right side margin must be a minimum of 1/2 inch.