You are NOT on the Bibb County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Probate Office is responsible for recording and maintaining records related to real property in Bibb County.
$9.50 first page
$3.00 each additional page
No charge for up to two (2) names in each, grantor and grantee category; $1.00 per name for three (3) or more names in each category
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local probate office directly.
* Deeds and other instruments of conveyance are recorded in the Office of the Judge of Probate.
* All instruments of conveyance must be in writing, attested by two witnesses, and signed by the contracting party or his agent. If notary stamp/seal is present, two witnesses are not required.
* The document must include the name and address of the person who prepared the document. This can be given I in the following format: 'This instrument prepared by NAME and ADDRESS.'
* The marital status of the grantor must be given on the deed.
* Any instrument attempting to transfer any interest in land will not be recorded if the instrument describes the land by reference to a plat but does not have the plat attached to the instrument or if the instrument does not describe the plat book or office in which it is located. There must also be a legal description of the land by metes and bounds. A derivation clause is required in the legal description. The state, county, and municipality should be in the first paragraph of the deed.
* Names should be printed beneath all signatures.
* For documents being returned through the mail, provide a complete name and address.
* For deeds and subordination agreements, a Fair Market Value is required, along with a legal description and any previous recorded information.
* The deed transfer tax is $ .50 per $500. Checks should be made payable to the Probate Judge.
* Mortgage tax is $ .15 per $100.
The Real Estate Sales Validation Form must be filed in accordance with Code of Alabama 1975, Section 40-22-1.
* Documents should be submitted on 8.5x11 inch paper, and should not exceed 8.5x14 inch paper.
* Printing or typing should be in blue or black ink, with a minimum font size of 10 point.
* On the first page of the document in the top right corner, there should be a blank space of 3x3 inches. This space is reserved for the recorder's stamp. All other margins on the first page and on subsequent pages should be at least 1 inch.