You are NOT on the Conecuh County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Probate Office is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Conecuh County.
For the most current fees and further information, always make sure to contact the local probate office directly. County recording fees are subject to change without notice.
Deeds - $3.00/page
Index fee - $5.00 per document
Deed tax - $1 per $1000.00
* The name and address of the person who prepared the document must be printed, stamped, or typed onto the document. This can be given in the following format: 'This instrument prepared by NAME and ADDRESS.'
* The names and mailing addresses of the grantors and grantees must be contained in the document.
* Documents of conveyance must list marital status of grantors.
* Certified copies of originals or originals are accepted for recording.
* Conveyances must be in writing, attested by two witnesses, and signed by the contracting party or his agent. If person is unable to sign his name, his name must be written for him with the words 'his mark' written next to it.
* Any instrument attempting to transfer any interest in land will not be recorded if the instrument describes the land by reference to a plat but does not have the plat attached to the instrument or if the instrument does not describe the plat book or office in which it is located. There must also be a legal description of the land by metes and bounds.
The Real Estate Sales Validation Form must be filed in accordance with Code of Alabama 1975, Section 40-22-1.