You are NOT on the Coosa County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Probate Office is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Coosa County.
$16.00 first page
$3.00 each additional page
No charge for two (2) names,
$1.00 for each additional name
Deed tax: $1.00 per $1000.00 of assessed value
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local probate office directly.
* All documents should have a preparer's statement, which can be given in the following way: 'This instrument prepared by....................................................(name and address).'
* The name and address of the grantee(s) must be contained within the document.
* Conveyances must be in writing, attested by two witnesses, and signed by the contracting party or his agent. If person is unable to sign his name, his name must be written for him with the words 'his mark' written next to it.
* Any instrument attempting to transfer any interest in land will not be recorded if the instrument describes the land by reference to a plat but does not have the plat attached to the instrument or if the instrument does not describe the plat book or office in which it is located. There must also be a legal description of the land by metes and bounds.
* The marital status of the grantor must be listed in the document.
* Originals or certified copies are accepted for recording.
The Real Estate Sales Validation Form must be filed in accordance with Code of Alabama 1975, Section 40-22-1.