You are NOT on the Montgomery County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Probate Office is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Montgomery County.
The indexing fee is $5, and the certification fee $1. A per-page charge of $2.50 (with a maximum of two names for grantor and grantee) applies to all documents. So the total for a basic one-page document is $8.50
Additional names, as well as additional book and page number references, to be indexed are $1 per name/reference.
To basic document charges, add $.50 cents per $500 or $1 per thousand on the value of property conveyed.
For mortgages, add $.15 per $100 or $1.50 per thousand charged in increments of $100.
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local probate office directly.
* Documents presented for recording must be originals or certified copies.
* Real property documents recorded in Montgomery County should be for property located in Montgomery County.
* Unless specifically required by law, documents should not include full social security numbers.
* All real property documents need a 'preparer's statement.' This can be given in the following format: 'This document was prepared by NAME and ADDRESS.'
* Deeds of conveyance should include the marital status of the grantor.
* All conveyances admitted to record must be in writing, attested by two witnesses, and signed by the contracting party or his agent. If person is unable to sign his name, his name must be written for him with the words 'his mark' written next to it.
* Include a legal description of the land for real property documents. Any instrument attempting to transfer any interest in land will not be recorded if the instrument describes the land by reference to a plat but does not have the plat attached to the instrument or if the instrument does not describe the plat book or office in which it is located.
The Real Estate Sales Validation Form must be filed in accordance with Code of Alabama 1975, Section 40-22-1.