You are NOT on the Sarasota County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
Upon payment of statutory fees, the Clerk and Comptroller will record a variety of instruments such as deeds, leases, bills of sale, agreements, mortgages, judgments, claims of lien, satisfactions, certificates of discharge from military service, and any other instruments, required or authorized to be recorded by law.
To record the first page of an instrument (no larger than 8.5x14 inches), the fee is $10. Each additional page is $8.50.
For indexing instruments which contain more than four names, the fee is $1 per additional name.
The proper amount of state tax stamps must be affixed to an instrument before it can be recorded. Space for documentary stamps and the Clerk's time stamp must be provided in the body of the document.
The current documentary tax stamp rate is $0.70 per $100 of consideration. This applies to the full consideration. A minimum tax of $0.70 is required on all deeds. (Formula: .0070 x Total Purchase Price = Amount of Doc Stamps)
The state tax on mortgages, chattel mortgages, financing statements, promissory notes, and written obligations to pay money is $0.35 per $100 or fraction thereof on the total amount of the note or obligation. (Formula: .0035 x Amount Financed = Amount of Doc Stamps). On installment notes, the tax is computed on the amount financed.
On agreements or contracts for deeds, the tax is computed on the unpaid balance remaining after the down payment.
Intangible tax, class "c" must be paid before the Clerk can accept any real estate mortgage, agreement, contract for deed, or deed of trust. The current rate is 2 mills (.002) per dollar on the amount of the mortgage or the amount financed.
A self-addressed stamped envelope should accompany documents sent in to the County Recorder.
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local office directly.
* Documents should be submitted on white paper that is 8.5 x 11 inches or 8.5 x 14 inches.
* Leave a 3 x 3 inch blank space in the upper right corner on the first page.
* A 1 x 3 inch blank space should be in the right corner on subsequent pages.
* Other margins should be a minimum of 1 inch.
* Legible print or typing should be used. Black ink, with a minimum font size of at least 12 point will work best for this.
* Date the body of the instrument.
* The grantee's name and mailing address should be provided.
* On the front of the instrument, provide the name and address to whom the instrument should be returned after recording.
* The name of the person who prepared the instrument should be printed, typed, or stamped on the front of the instrument in a legible manner.
* A legal description of the real property should be included. The property appraiser's parcel ID number should also be provided, but is not considered sufficient as a legal description.
* The total consideration exchanged for the real property should be listed on the document.
* Signatures should agree with names in the body of the instrument, should be legible, and should be spelled correctly. Names should be written beneath all signatures.
* Signatures need to be attested by two witnesses.
* An acknowledgment is required for the person(s) executing the instrument.