You are NOT on the Jeff Davis County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The recorder in Jeff Davis County is responsible for recording and maintaining records related to real property situated in the County.
Real estate documents: $10.00 for the first page*
Other documents: $5.00 for the first page
All documents: $2.00 for each additional page and for each cross-reference
* including deeds, deeds of trust, affidavits, releases, notices and certificates, and cancellation of deeds
Transfer tax is determined on the basis of the basis of the written disclosure of the consideration or value of the interest in property granted.
The clerk's office shall not be required to refund excess sums of costs or fees enumerated in GA Code Section 15-6-77 when it exceeds the amount required by less than $15.00.
The transfer tax form (PT-61) must be prepared and filed with all deeds that transfer property. This must be done online at the Georgia Superior Court Clerks' Cooperative Authority website.
* Submit documents on white 8.5 x 11 inch paper. To ensure legibility, use black ink in a font size of at least 10 point.
* Deeds must be signed by the grantor in front of a notary and one witness. Corresponding names should be typed or printed beneath signatures.
* On the first page, provide a top margin of at least 3 inches. All other margins on the first page and on subsequent pages should be at least 1 inch.
* At the top of the first page, provide the name and address of the person to whom the document will be returned after recording.
* Also on the first page, the name and address of the grantee needs to be given.
* A legal description of the real property should be provided. This should include the lot, block, and subdivision name.
A deed may be recorded at any time; but a prior unrecorded deed loses its priority over a subsequent recorded deed from the same vendor when the purchaser takes such deed without notice of the existence of the prior deed.