You are NOT on the Allen County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The recorder in Allen County is responsible for recording and maintaining records related to real property situated in the County.
Deeds and all other instruments, including re-recorded instruments (fee includes 1 oversize page) $25.00
Additional pages exceeding 8.5" x 14" within any document shall be charged: $5.00 each
Mechanic's Lien including one mail out $25.00
Each additional mail out $2.00
For counties accepting multiple transaction documents $25.00 (a/k/a blanket documents-Allen County will accept only if parties & legal descriptions are the same) Plus for each additional cross reference after the first $7.00 each
Copies 11" x 17" or smaller, per page $1.00
Copies larger than 11" x 17", per page $5.00
Certification of Document $5.00
* To record a conveyance or mortgage at the Allen County Recorder's Office, the instrument must be properly acknowledged.
* Beneath the signatures of the persons who executed the document, the persons witnessing it, and the notary public, names must be printed, stamped, or typed.
* If the instrument submitted for recording is a copy, the instrument should be marked 'Copy.'
* Documents should be on white paper no larger than 8.5 x 14 inches. Paper should be twenty pound weight and not continuously bound.
* On the first and last page of a document, the top and bottom margins should be at least 2 inches and 1/2 inch on the sides.
* On each additional page, margins should be at least inch on the top, bottom, and sides.
* Documents should be computer generated or typed with at least 10 point font.
* The name of the person preparing the instrument must be given on the document. This can be given in the following form: 'This instrument prepared by NAME.'
* Notarized documents require county residence of notary and commission expiration.
* A transfer of deeds for taxation requires an endorsement by the county auditor before recording takes places.
* The grantee's name and address is required to be on all documents of conveyance.
* Documents should not contain full social security numbers or other personal identification numbers.
* A Sales Disclosure form is required to be submitted with the deed.