You are NOT on the Delta County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Register of Deeds is responsible for recording and maintaining records for real property located in Delta County.
Regardless of the number of pages, all documents will cost $30.00 to record, this cost is inclusive of the Michigan Remonumentation and Register of Deeds Automation fees.
For a document that assigns or discharges more than 1 instrument $3.00 for each instrument assigned or discharged (in addition to the $30.00 flat fee).
If the value of consideration is $100 or higher, the payment of state and county transfer tax is required.
The rate of county tax is $0.55 per each $500 or fraction thereof.
The rate of state tax is $3.75 per each $500 or fraction thereof.
Warranty deeds, land contracts or an assignment thereof, or deeds that contain a covenant of warranty must have a tax certification from the County Treasurer's Office. The charge for this service is $5.00.
* Documents purporting to convey or encumber real estate executed in Michigan require an acknowledgment by a judge, clerk of a court of record, or a notary public within the state.
* In order to be recorded, the document must be legible. Black ink, a type size of 10 point, and white 20 pound paper will help to meet legibility standards. The paper size must be 8.5 x 11 inches or 8.5 x 14 inches.
* At the top of the first page, a 2.5 inch margin should be provided. All other margins should be at least 1/2 an inch.
* After the 2.5 inch margin, provide a statement that identifies the single recordable event that the instrument evidences. The register of deeds may refuse to record an instrument that evidences more than one recordable event.
* Signatures in the document must be original. Corresponding names must be printed or typed beneath signatures. Names printed in the notary acknowledgment and beneath signatures should match.
* Any instrument that conveys or mortgages property should list the marital status of male grantors.
* The grantee's address in each deed of conveyance or assignment of real estate shall contain the street number address or post office address.
* The name and business address of the person who drafted the document must appear on documents executed in Michigan.
* A certified copy of the death certificate or proof of death must be recorded or have been recorded and referenced by liber and page when "survivor" is indicated on the document.
* The total value of the real property must be stated on the instrument, or a real estate valuation affidavit must be attached. The transfer tax will be collected on the total value of the land being transferred, unless the conveyance is exempt from either or both acts. If there is an exemption, it must be stated on the instrument.
A tax certificate must be obtained from the county treasurer's office prior to recording any of the following: a warranty deed, land contract, an assignment of land contract, personal representative deed, covenant deed, and any deed which contains a covenant of warranty.
A self-addressed stamped envelope should be included for documents being processed by mail.