The County Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining records in Middlesex County.
You are NOT on the Middlesex County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
Effective May 1, 2017, a cover sheet or an electronic synopsis will be required with all land documents submitted for recording. An additional fee of $20.00 will be charged for documents submitted without it.
The fee for recording a deed is $43 for the first page, $10 for each additional page.
Checks should be made payable to 'Middlesex County Clerk.'
A surcharge of $3 applies to most real property documents in Middlesex County, as per the guidelines of the Middlesex County Homelessness Trust Fund. Please add on the $3 if submitting an applicable document.
The realty transfer tax fees must be paid at the time of recording and are as follows:
$2 per $500 of consideration in excess of $150,000;
$3.35 per $500 of consideration not in excess of $150,000 but not more than $200,000;
$3.90 per $500 of consideration in excess of $200,000 but not more than $350,000.
For considerations in excess of that amount, see the New Jersey treasury's website.
Reduced rates apply to senior citizens, blind or disabled persons and on property that is low/moderate-income housing.
* Real property documents need to be acknowledged and must have proper signatures. The signatures must match the printed names in the document.
* If a deed requires reference information, it must be included. For example, if a discharge of mortgage is being recorded, it must include the reference information (book and page) of the original mortgage that is being discharged. If this information is missing, the document will not be recorded.
* In order for payment to be accepted, a Document Summary Sheet is required for each document. If this summary sheet is not submitted, customers will be asked to print a copy before the document can be accepted.
* All documents should contain return address information.
* Deeds should include tax blocks and lot numbers.
* On the face of the deed, provide the name and signature of the person who prepared the document.
* Real property documents recorded in Middlesex County, New Jersey must pertain to real property located in that county.
* Many documents in Middlesex County can be erecorded.