You are NOT on the Lea County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The County Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining records related to real property situated in Lea County.
The fee to record a deed is $25, but only $10 when a document is personally brought into the Clerk's Office by either the grantor or grantee listed on the document with proof of identity (driver's license or another picture ID). Mailed in documents are not brought in personally, therefore the $10 fee does not apply.
If a document contains more than 10 entries to be indexed, there will be an additional $25 for each additional block of 10 or fewer entries to be indexed.
Each indexed grantor and grantee counts as one entry. For example: Jim White and Helen White, husband and wife equals two entries. Helen White, aka Helen Rogers equals two entries.
Recording fees are due at the time of recording.
* Documents must be originals and must be notarized with a proper acknowledgment.
* If a document is larger than 8.5 x 14 inches, an additional page fee will be added.
* Paper should be white, size 8.5 x 11 inches or 8.5 x 14 inches.
* The text of the document should be in black ink, with a minimum font size of 10 point.
* It must contain a legal description of the real property or in the case of releases and assignments, a book and page reference.
* The consideration paid for the real property must be mentioned in the document.
* A name and address for the grantee must be included in the body of the document.