You are NOT on the Albany County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The County Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Albany County.
A deed costs $45 to record, plus $5 per page.
Each additional name (over 2): $0.50
Each cross reference: $0.50
The TP-584 is $5 to file.
The RP-5217 costs $125 to file if box 7A, 7B, or 7E is checked, or if both 7G and 8 are checked. The form is $250 to file if any other boxes (or no boxes) are checked.
NYS transfer tax rate: $4.00 per thousand (no tax under $500)
* Documents must include the names of grantors and grantees, a legal description of the property, and the amount of consideration.
* For a transfer of interest in real property subject to New York State Real Property Transfer Tax, the TP-584 must be filed. This form can be found on the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance website.
* For all counties outside the city of New York, a deed must be accompanied by the Real Property Transfer Report (RP-5217), which is issued by the New York State Office of Real Property Services
* Transfer taxes are due at the time of recording. The rate is $4 per $1,000 of consideration listed on the real property document.
* All real property documents must be duly signed and acknowledged.